Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Sarge
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I'm trying to price machines for the York show and be fair but, just like everybody else want to make the most profit possible. Very difficult to find a happy medium so, I am really not sure which price guide to go by or which source to reference especially for some of the older machines that have taken a huge jump in price. The lines for me are getting blurred because of you have eBay which may or may not be true prices not really sure whether they've been picked up and what actual condition was. Then Pinside is at times accurate other times I look at them and question some of the actual prices being posted. And then I get my new Mr. Pinball 2017 and some of the prices in it are higher than what are on pinside and now I'm really not sure where I'm at LOL

#2 6 years ago

You can price the machines as you wish but think of this...ebay machines sit and relist and sit some more,why? Because the prices are nuts! Pinside prices in archives show what we are willing to pay. So with that being said you do not want to be an ass and raise a price of machine during or at a show because someone else is selling his for $300 more than you. So start a little high and during show come down little by little until you get a bite but not go below your personal reserve. The market will decide the buying price if you're willing to sell your machine at that price. In the end you may take the machine back home with you and enjoy it until next show.
    -Mike

#3 6 years ago

That's good advice about the show pricing and I will be doing that.

#4 6 years ago

I think at this point most people take the Mr. Pinball Price Guide AND the ebay sold items price and just add them together. Show prices have been flat out insane the last few years.

#5 6 years ago

It's not not just the show pricing, everything around my hometown is skyrocketing especially the SS pinballs. The EM machines are not selling for me and even the early SS machines are up but not totally crazy yet.

#6 6 years ago

I'm ok with top dollar prices as long as the game is in top dollar condition. 9 times out of 10, it's not.

#7 6 years ago

Even the terms shopped and players condition are like rolling the dice. Sellers are all over the place in a description, lol

#8 6 years ago

Ebay prices are nearly irrelevant.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I completely disagree. Yes some are too high. But some are too low. The average eBay price is usually what they will sell for on Facebook or Craigslist or eBay or Pinside.

Reminds me of average sales, throw out the high, throw out the low and the rest is usually spot on.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Especially if you go by one of those guides like Boston pinball that says they are using average e-bay sales prices. Which in many cases includes averaging in parts that were sold for that game. And in other cases where the game didn't sell at all but was shilled by the owner.

Pinside is also not very reliable source as most on here are cheap, yet pinside can over value the machine so it gets a higher % of the sale.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

yet pinside can over value the machine so it gets a higher % of the sale.

Any and all of the pricing data is submitted by the sellers. If a seller chooses to make the final sale price public (especially in a OBO ad), they have the option to do so.

The sales fee is based on a pre-established tier-based system that pretty much matches what a game is considered (A-list, B-list, C-list, etc). It is not percentage-based of a specific price in an ad. So, even if the market price of a game fluctuates, the tier that a particular game is in doesn't actually change and the sales fee remains the same.

For example, if someone is selling a HEP restored game at quadruple the price of a typical example, the game still remains in the same tier and has the same sales fee for that given title.

#12 6 years ago

That's all well and good, but perhaps it is also time for pinside to have standardized buyers fees in place as well as they are the ones that are really fueling this economy.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

perhaps it is also time for pinside to have standardized buyers fees in place

There are standardized fees in place. They are based on the game title, rather than a percentage of a dollar amount in a listing price.

Quoted from o-din:

as well as they are the ones that are really fueling this economy.

I have no idea what you're talking about here.

#14 6 years ago

Neither do I...

#15 6 years ago

I would like to see a rating of some type, for the condition like a Nada or something, I'm just throwing an idea out, I don't have all the answers of course but ,at least with the Pinside prices it lists a high and low.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ashwood486:

I would like to see a rating of some type, for the condition like a Nada or something...

Often talked aboot but really hard to do. Buyers & Sellers can;t even agree on what a home use only machine is. That's right...it's even in the name.

6 months later
    #17 6 years ago

I came across this site https://theemgamepriceguide.wixsite.com/theemgamepriceguide which does a great job of cataloging and analyzing ebay sales.

There is a TON of useful info on that site, and its kept up to date, where other priceguides are often outdated and are not "regional"

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mr-pinball-price-guide-or-pinside-or-ebay-sold-items?hl=hailrazer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.