Bill
Poconos, Pennsylvania
Posted: 5 March 2013

Medieval Madness, 1997 Williams: $100,000.00
Brand new in sealed box.
Bill
Poconos, Pennsylvania
Posted: 5 March 2013

Good luck to you Bill, Iam sure there is a sucker out there somewhere. I wonder if Bill Gates and Don Trump collect Nib machines.

#2 11 years ago

Mr.Pinball is going to have to get moderators.

#3 11 years ago

Eh, it's a free world.
You can ASK whatever you want. I guess someone could pay that if they wanted.
I can't see that happening, but if people agree to make that deal it's fine with me.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Your kidding 100,000 for a NIB TAFG AND 100,000 for a NIB MM
Iam sure these could be built from scratch for less money

Yes. I'm sure whoever this is, they ARE kidding. What's sad is that it got deemed discussion worthy. Which I'd bet they were actually hoping for.

It's pretty obvious those ads are BS. Just move on.

#5 11 years ago

There is enough stuff to deal with here on Pinside. Why not leave the Ebay, MR Pinball, CL stuff over there? Like RCA1 says, its a free world let them post in peace over there... wish we could post in peace here as well but I don't see that happening!

#6 11 years ago

I guess that makes my QQ restored TAF gold worth half that then......anyone?

#7 11 years ago

There's a MM up there for $35k, and I thought THAT was crazy...

#8 11 years ago

This ones a joke, or maybe a decimal error.

#9 11 years ago

I ask crazy prices all the time on rare and one-of-a-kind video games, it's part of the game. If real, they are probably just looking for offers...

#10 11 years ago

I offered him $195,000.00 for the pair, he wouldn't budge. So I bought a Judge Dredd and a pizza instead.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Iam sure these could be built from scratch for less money

This is as large an understatement as these are overpriced

#12 11 years ago

I thought the prices were stupid 5 years ago, and then the machines stated selling....

#13 11 years ago

The problem with stupid asking prices is people that have a pin mouldering away
in their garage see dollar signs and try to sell their game for big bucks. Of course
it doesn't sell, so a pin that might have gone to someone that will restore and
appreciate it continues to rot.

My approach to selling (which I don't do much of anymore) is to list a 'drop
dead' price. In other words if can't get my (reasonable) price, I'll keep it. No
pissing and moaning and no irrational asking prices.
Steve

#14 11 years ago

My Addams Family is for sale for the ever reasonable price of $25,000. Save 75%! It even has a topper! Balls included.

-BB

#15 11 years ago

I remember being at an auction and bidding a TZ to $1200. When it sold for $1500 I thought the buyer was stupid.

I remember bidding $899 on a Whitewater on Ebay . My bid sat there for 6 days and I won, nobody else bid. My buddy said I was stupid.

I remember being at an auction and seeing a mint Haunted House go for $800. I thought the buyer was stupid.

I remember a guy offering me $3000 for a nice Addams Family, I thought he was stupid but sold it to him.

All true stories. Prices are only stupid until one person pays that amount, then it it the new normal.

#16 11 years ago

Assuming they have what they're saying they do...I have no issue with a high asking price. I don't see why anybody does. Its an asking price, nothing more. However, if you contact the seller and he says he won't budge, flame away.

I've listed video games on eBay in excess of $100,000.00

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from 7Warpig7:

I remember being at an auction and bidding a TZ to $1200. When it sold for $1500 I thought the buyer was stupid.
I remember bidding $899 on a Whitewater on Ebay . My bid sat there for 6 days and I won, nobody else bid. My buddy said I was stupid.
I remember being at an auction and seeing a mint Haunted House go for $800. I thought the buyer was stupid.
I remember a guy offering me $3000 for a nice Addams Family, I thought he was stupid but sold it to him.
All true stories. Prices are only stupid until one person pays that amount, then it it the new normal.

I long for these days!!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I offered him $195,000.00 for the pair, he wouldn't budge. So I bought a Judge Dredd and a pizza instead.

Now, that's funny!!!!!

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

I long for these days!!

Not really, it is all relative honestly.... I remember buying a Whitewater about 6 years ago for $700 with a missing display and busted boulders and some cracked ramps. At the time the repro parts were not even a possibility. This was at an operator auction and I was basically one of two bidders even willing to take the chance at $700....Passed on TZ for 1900, and AFM for $2100...

So basically no one was paying more than what I listed because that was the going rate back then. Look at the EM market, if you get over 300 for a decent one (desireable ones aside), you did well.... A lot of people saw prices declining on a lot of different titles.

#20 11 years ago

gold in them hills

#21 11 years ago

"Just"??!!

#22 11 years ago

Not saying I agree with the pricing but I'm pretty sure I remember a NIB TAF going on eBay for a stupid amount close to that within the past few years...

#23 11 years ago

I think we're just getting started!

#24 11 years ago

This is about as ridiculous as this Milwaukee Craigslist ad....

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

#25 11 years ago

really a good point to make is whats the condition of whats in the box, we all know that the ad is bullshit. but if it were true, how was it stored,where was it stored.and whats the PROOF. There are lots of posts on here that are dumb, its a forum. So mine is dumb too.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Buffpac5:

This is about as ridiculous as this Milwaukee Craigslist ad....

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

Already flagged.

Anyway, give me a 2014 Nissan GTR over a NIB TAFG or MM any day of the week.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Already flagged.
Anyway, give me a 2014 Nissan GTR over a NIB TAFG or MM any day of the week.

Thanks. I had a 12' Black Edition, had

#28 11 years ago

I guess that makes my collection worth about 3.8 million than if he can ask for that kind of stupid amount

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 159.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mr-pinball-classifieds-now-things-are-just-getting-stupid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.