11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by shardian
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shardian.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

So I've been working on this one off and on for a while now (way more "off" than "on).
Here's my original thread: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mr-mrs-pacman-lamp-and-display-issues

Quick recap:
I have an Alltek mpu. I have reflowed all the boards, rebuilt the driver board, replaced all main chips on both lamp boards, and replaced all of the .100 connectors in the backbox.

I went from no lamp life to having them work perfectly finally... For a few minutes. After 3-5 minutes, strange things happen with the controlled lamps. Some lock on, some stay off. Now that most work though, I saw a new symptom- in some places the wrong lamps are being turned on. This is most noticeable in the maze. The reds proceed correctly, but the yellows break away and do their own thing.
This morning I tried again with the machine cold and it worked again correctly for -3-5 minutes again. Consistently the lamps work correctly when the machine is cold started, and they go wacky after the same 3 minute period.

What in Sam Hill Tarnation is going on here?!?
I took a video, and will load it up to youtube eventually.

#3 11 years ago

Just put two and two together:
I abandoned my sound issues a while back to focus on the lamps, so I've had the sound board unplugged for a while. It dawned on me though that the wrong sounds were being triggered too. They also worked correctly for about the same time period on a cold machine, then just started going nuts or flat out going silent.
I didn't realize the wrong lamps were being triggered until this weekend since so few of them worked until now.

#4 11 years ago

Sending MPU off to Alltek to be checked out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shardian.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mr-mrs-pacman-lamp-confusion?tu=shardian and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.