• Latest reply 8 years ago by thedefog
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1441476114557-516772815.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hi guys does anyone know where to find a back glass for Mr and Mrs pacman? Could I make a translite that could be used and look close?. Also guys I want to touch up some playfield paint.. Please give a few tips.. Many people view this game as junk and its by far the pin I play most with family.. I have the game playing great .. Step one, step two is making it look new again.. What paint to use? , I do like a little wear on this game. Thanks pinsiders.

#2 8 years ago

Pinsider Collin may have a spare. He's in the process of going through 3 of them.

#3 8 years ago

You will have to do a little searching but I posted in another thread a mmpm translite that I had printed that cost 30$

#4 8 years ago

I might be willing to sell both glasses if you want originals.

#5 8 years ago

My lower is mint my upper looks like crap.. A 6 of 10, pm me guys I want to see both and thanks to all.

#6 8 years ago

Mcclad depending on price and conditions, I'd like to see what you want for them. I'd prefer the real deal. Thanks boss.

#7 8 years ago

Ok. There is some flaking on the lower part near the lift channel. It is not perfect by any means, but I can send pictures. The reason that I stated that I might be selling, is because I have been trying to sell the whole machine, and I might consider parting it out.

#8 8 years ago

What are you asking for the machine boss? Please send a pic. I honestly have no clue why this machine gets no love.

#9 8 years ago

I would be asking $400.00 for the whole machine. The only thing that does not work is the left flipper. I had a for sale thread a while back if you want to see a write up about it and some photos. And I love the game. I am just looking for a machine that is in better condition than the one that I own now.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Bishop21:

What are you asking for the machine boss? Please send a pic. I honestly have no clue why this machine gets no love.

It's because of that damn pac-maze that slows down the pinpall action. & yes, I do have the game.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

It's because of that damn pac-maze that slows down the pinpall action. & yes, I do have the game.

surely you jest... The maze is a great feature. I consider it the first video mode in a pinball machine as well as the "first toy" in a pinball machine. It's random as well, since the number of moves you have when you start the maze, allows it to never be the same from one game to the next. There is also the skill shot/aggressive feature.

I also love the way that you can lose points in the game if your pacman "dies" in the maze game. (bonus X collect at "end of game")

This game is so misunderstood and underrated. Sad really. So many great features that were never in any other game.

#12 8 years ago

It's a great game boys. A keeper for my family.. I'll take a look now bud..

#13 8 years ago

I have one of these and I love the game. I need to do some serious work to the inserts on mine. They are so sunk that I get glass banging air balls all the time. I just know the glass will shatter one day if I dont do something about it soon.

There was someone on KLOV forums that was going to do a run of the glass. I am searching but cant seem to find the thread. That being said, Im not sure if it ever happened or not. My glass is near perfect so I did not follow the thread real close. Translite is a good option if its done right. Done wrong and they can look like total crap.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I would be asking $400.00 for the whole machine. The only thing that does not work is the left flipper. I had a for sale thread a while back if you want to see a write up about it and some photos. And I love the game. I am just looking for a machine that is in better condition than the one that I own now.

Wish I was closer, wouldn't mind working on a project.

#15 8 years ago

Found the thread. Again, not sure if he ended up making them.
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=348845&highlight=pac+back+glass

#16 8 years ago

Riptor thanks bro.. The price is right on the pin .. It's a good value.. This is a fun game and I've only pulled a 1,996,480 what are you guys pumping out for scores.. Its hard as all heck to light all the green arrows on left.. Love the maze. Thanks guys.. I need something soon for back glass its bringing my machine down especially with the led lights.

#17 8 years ago

I color matched the cab but what about the pf? Some wear on the fire hydrant guy but not enough to be upset.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Bishop21:

Riptor thanks bro.. The price is right on the pin .. It's a good value.. This is a fun game and I've only pulled a 1,996,480 what are you guys pumping out for scores.. Its hard as all heck to light all the green arrows on left.. Love the maze. Thanks guys.. I need something soon for back glass its bringing my machine down especially with the led lights.

So for 30$
1441476114557-516772815.jpg1441476114557-516772815.jpg

My BG was trash ton of yellow in Mr pac gone. Made me not want to play it. I think the translite came out fine. I just scrapped all ink off original glass and the trims hold it in place just fine. I do notice a huge reflection of BG on playfield. Not sure if due to the translite and florescent combo. But it is there. Will be trying a couple different lighting options to see what if anything helps.

Looks like my hstd is 3.1m

I really like the flow of the game.

#19 8 years ago

Mine has a bad glare on the PF as well. More so than most games. This might be a good candidate for the invisiglass. Mine is so bad that you have to have overhead lights on to be able to see it. If the room is dark you cant see the damn ball.

My HS is only 1.9M. The sad thing is I have had this pin for years. I think my dips are set to recommended default....5 ball.

#20 8 years ago

Oh so if you have original glass the problem must just be from the florescent light and the large area of yellow. Will definitely try some other lighting.

I never have any electronic game set to 5 ball three was how all the arcades around me where set up. But I am sure I never complained if set to 5

Seems like the bonus scoring maze is the big points factor. I know on my first ball I had at least two mazes completed. And from there the scores just climb.

#21 8 years ago

The most I have ever cleared the maze in one game is three times.
I set my games to 5 ball because I suck and the games are too short at 3

1 month later
#22 8 years ago

My son is 6. He holds the high score on my game. 2,974,630! Game is set to 3 ball. Its set to award a free ball for clearing a PacMaze in 20 seconds. He cleared 3! My best is 2,950,000.

#23 8 years ago

I have a really nice upper/main backglass that I'd trade for/towards something classic Bally backglass or the CPR later run set of repro Space Invaders plastics with topper.

1 month later
#24 8 years ago

can anyone tell me the part number or what type of light socket it is that holds the globe for the direction arrows of the pac-maze I cant find it in manual

#25 8 years ago

I have a hi-res scan of the backglass, good enough to print out via your preference of web printer and use like a translight if anyone needs it.

#26 8 years ago

http://www.thedefog.com/pin/pac-man-bg-v2.pdf

I believe the dimensions are 25.25" x 14.875"

Not perfect, some rough photoshopping at the bottom (I was limited in time). Did this for CNKay a while back.

#27 8 years ago

Follow...

#28 8 years ago

I love the Margaret Hudson stuff, I don't think any work she did for pinball was bad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mr-and-mrs-pacman-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.