6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jj44114
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Bally AS 2518-61B

I read an old post from bonedoc and shimoda concerning negative voltage from 7905, -5V Regulator on the Bally Squawk and Talk. My TP4 reading on this board is coming in with a crazy -105 reading vdc when it should be a -5 vdc. TP2 was in specs at +5 vdc. TP3 was 15 for a +11.5 vdc spec. The board caps have been replaced and the volume pots replaced as well. I am getting a hum only from the board. I checked the speaker and it seems to be in working condition. I ran a test speaker wire and get the same noise/hum so I am assuming the wire is good. The board was tested on a Bally Test board and worked properly after caps and pots replaced (Marco Replacement Cap set). Were these similar symptoms for anyone else before replacing the 7905? Also where did you purchase the part from?

Thanks for your help. This has been a very frustrating restore of a Mr and Mrs Pac Man pinball. This is the last issue for the machine to get is playing properly.

Any ideas are appreciated to point me in the right direction.

#2 6 years ago

Are you sure you are measuring the correct board? It should be next to impossible to measure 100+ volts on the S&T board.

#3 6 years ago

That -5 comes off the GI so there is no way you're seeing -105V unless you're seeing it through a cloud of smoke. My guess is you're reading -105mv. Check your input of the 7905. There are only two diodes and two caps in that feed circuit so it shouldn't be too hard to troubleshoot.

#4 6 years ago

Doubtful that the 7905 is bad, they rarely are. You must be measuring test point 4 incorrectly. At over 100volts you would blow a few capacitors at a minimum. Make sure you use ground on the board for your black meter lead, not the ground braid or any thing else.

#5 6 years ago

How many flashes on the S &T led when you power up the board?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mr-and-mrs-pac-man-pinball-sound-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.