3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ravve
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaza.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

When A0 is stuck LOW, the processor can't communicate (proper) with any of the other chips (RAM/ROM/ASIC).
    The problem is that all chips that are handling address lines can be responsible for this.

Replace processor first. It is on a socket

Quoted from ravve:

following the fantastic Sascha V. layout

great stuff

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from ravve:

So I am right asuming that A0 should be pulsing and that I should focus on that first (not D0-D7 that are not pulsing either)?

They all should be pulsing, but I don't know how the processor responds when communication is not possible.

Quoted from ravve:

Could there be some other reason than failed ram/rom/asic for A0 not pulsing

The ICs on top of the CPU-board do fail sometimes (U1, U2, U3)

You have to start somewhere. It is handy when there is a spare CPU-board where components can be swapped en tested good or bad.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaza.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mpu-troubleshooting-help-to-interpret-results?tu=zaza and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.