• Latest reply 5 years ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180805_063621 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I am preparing to rebuild an mpu and gathering components. I have a couple that I am unsure about. If you see the pic, L1 and L2 are what confuse me. You can see the component and the schematic listing pictured. (.22mh?) I am not familiar with this component and I'm looking to replace with an equivalent piece. Anyone able to tell me what I am looking for here?
Thanks

20180805_063621 (resized).jpg20180805_063621 (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Those are inductors, measured in henries. I've used https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/5321834 in the past.

Ok, these say .22 so what units matter as far as an equivalent or possibly an upgrade? Do I need to match .22 and is there voltage specs or anything else I need to know? Or are the ones you show ok for this specific .22 application? Sorry not familiar at all with inductors.

#4 5 years ago

I don't know much about inductors either so I just matched up the specs. 220nH = 0.22uH if my math is right.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I don't know much about inductors either so I just matched up the specs. 220nH = 0.22uH if my math is right.

Ok, sounds good. Thanks!

#6 5 years ago

Those are inductors (a.k.a. chokes). You want .22 uh (micro henries). Great Plains Electronics should have.

By the way, I only replace them if they are obviously damaged or corroded. Yours look fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 169.00
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
1,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mpu-component-identification and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.