• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

joust plastic off (resized).png
Joust lights on (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

I am looking for an alpha numeric display for a 2-payer head to head Joust build I am doing with P3-ROC boards. What displays work with MPF and P3-ROC? The original was two 7-segment displays on either side. I want to use the original plastics and put displays in the stock windows. I will also plan to put a separate small LCD screen.
Joust lights on (resized).jpgJoust lights on (resized).jpg

joust plastic off (resized).pngjoust plastic off (resized).png
#2 4 years ago

May have to write something cutsom, I'm thinking. Though I would be curious to see what others come up with.

#3 4 years ago

The mypinballs segment display controller will work here. I guess it should be able to interface the existing segments and it works fine with MPF. Multiple platforms can coexist in MPF in one machine.

Jan

#4 4 years ago

Jan thank you for the recommendation. I will check it out. Do you think the Total Nuclear Annihilation controller board at Pinball Life will work - part number PBL-600-0271-00?

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from AD72:

Jan thank you for the recommendation. I will check it out. Do you think the Total Nuclear Annihilation controller board at Pinball Life will work - part number PBL-600-0271-00?

We discussed this elsewhere. Just as reference for others: No they won't. Also there is only limited stock and Scott does not recommend those for new builds.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersville, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mpf-alpha-numeric-displays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.