Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Does anybody have any updates on the Michigan Pinball Expo (MPE)? What really stands out?

#2 12 years ago

- Predator Pinball
    - AC/DC Limited blasting through 2 foot speakers at Marco's booth. I have not liked recent Sterns, but I ended up liking this one.
    - Fantastic MM in the general play area (wish I could buy it )
    - Show was good as usual, but a bit smaller this year - less pins and vendors
    - Saturday should be pretty good with the various tournaments and Jersey Jack updates

#3 12 years ago

Some good times...a lot of game issues though.

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from toyboy6:

Show was good as usual, but a bit smaller this year - less pins and vendors

Focusing on quality over quantity makes for a tighter run show.

Quoted from TheLaw:

a lot of game issues though.

Which were mostly resolved fairly quickly as they were made aware of to the tech staff working non-stop all day. A few pins went down at the end of the night that couldn't be fixed due to unique parts not being on hand at the moment, but they will be back up and running tomorrow. Were there any specific game issues that you noticed that were not resolved?

Thanks to those of you who came out tonight, we appreciate the support and feel that most everyone who was there today had a great time.

#5 12 years ago

Great time no doubt. Game issues are game issues, they're gunna happen. Not a big deal. Ive got game issues at my house and they takes months to fix, not an hour or two

EDIT: And also I saw some games rolling in later in the day to fill the few empty spaces.

#6 12 years ago

What stands out to me the most is the facility. The Expo is in the Oakland University student center, having the second floor ballroom area all to itself. Plenty of room to move around. In addition, the first floor of the center has a coffee shop and a small food court (Subway/pizza/etc.) so decent food/drink is close at hand. Also has tons of nice seating with TVs tuned to the hockey and baseball games for when you want to take a break, as well as several banks of public-use computers. Really great environment to enjoy an expo.

Later,
    EV

#7 12 years ago

Thanks for the kind words!

Quoted from TheLaw:

And also I saw some games rolling in later in the day to fill the few empty spaces.

Unfortunately, one of the guys who was bringing games to the show had a close friend pass away and he couldn't make it understandably. Some of the other folks at the show went back home and brought some more games to fill those slots.

#8 12 years ago

Yeah I've always liked it being at Oakland U. So much mroe action and liveliness than your standard hotel conference room or whatever...I'm sure we've all been to plenty of those.

Quoted from mipinballexpo: Unfortunately, one of the guys who was bringing games to the show had a close friend pass away and he couldn't make it understandably.

#9 12 years ago

I went Thursday, played a lot of games I probably won't come across in my price range. e.g. AC/DC, Tron, Transformers, MM But Hey, nice there are shows and great people that donate their games for Free Play. I do Thank You all!

My only bad experience was really my own fault. They had 2010, 2011 and 2012 all for $5 or $2 a piece. I didn't go in 2010 so I just wanted the 2011 AND 2012. Get home and finally look at them, sure enough 2010 and 2012. Isn't that Great?

On the cool-side, I met Echovictor there, but it was right when I was getting ready to leave. He beat me in a game on Transformers and I really wanted a rematch, but my hip was just killing me. It was nice to meet ya though Echovictor, wish it would have been earlier in the day.

Maybe this time next year I'll have my new hip(s) and be able to stand on my feet and stay longer.

Bill in Indiana

#10 12 years ago

Bill, shoot me your address in a message and I will send you a 2011 poster. Thanks for coming out again!

#11 12 years ago

I'll be there tomorrow, looking forward to it.

What do I get to buy and bring home?

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from mipinballexpo:

Bill, shoot me your address in a message and I will send you a 2011 poster. Thanks for coming out again!

Hey Thanks a lot, really cool of ya! I already have the 2012 framed and hanging on the wall.
    Bill in Indiana

#14 12 years ago

Thanks to everyone who contributed machines and donated time to make the Michigan Pinball Expo!!!

I have never been to any pinball expo before, but I would like to say that I really enjoyed myself. This was my first time playing many of the games, and it was nice to be able to play different eras of games.

I attended two days of the MPE and I will definitely return next year.

#15 12 years ago

It was one hell of a finals that's for sure. Time to practice up for next year.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mpe-updates and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.