Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by GrueLurks
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

skull.jpg
    image.jpg
    25f1.jpg
    IMG_6742.jpg
    IMG_6741.jpg
    IMG_6738.jpg
    IMG_6737.jpg
    IMG_6728.jpg
    IMG_6726.jpg
    IMG_6722.jpg
    IMG_6721.jpg
    IMG_6720.jpg
    IMG_6719.jpg
    IMG_6715.jpg
    IMG_6714.jpg
    IMG_6713.jpg
    There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Here is the artwork for the Predator pinball playfield.

Looked really great.

IMG_6724.jpgIMG_6724.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Predator skinned human

IMG_6729.jpgIMG_6729.jpg

#3 11 years ago

Drac and Strikes & Spares

IMG_6701.jpgIMG_6701.jpg

#4 11 years ago

OXO, Black Jack, Nitro Groundshaker

IMG_6702.jpgIMG_6702.jpg

#5 11 years ago

Comet

IMG_6703.jpgIMG_6703.jpg

#6 11 years ago

Star Trek, Blackbelt, Lost in Space

IMG_6704.jpgIMG_6704.jpg

#7 11 years ago

Rare game called AF-TOR from Wico 1984

Game play was fast, unique layout.

IMG_6706.jpgIMG_6706.jpg IMG_6718.jpgIMG_6718.jpg IMG_6734.jpgIMG_6734.jpg

#8 11 years ago

Pinbot, Taxi, Whirlwind

IMG_6708.jpgIMG_6708.jpg

#9 11 years ago

Jokerz, High Speed, Black Knight 2000

IMG_6709.jpgIMG_6709.jpg

#10 11 years ago

Dungeon & Dragons (with intact topper), F14

IMG_6710.jpgIMG_6710.jpg

#11 11 years ago

Shadow, Nitro Groundshaker (this one had great flippers! Perfect. )

IMG_6711.jpgIMG_6711.jpg

#12 11 years ago

Iron Man, Transformers, NASCAR

IMG_6712.jpgIMG_6712.jpg

#13 11 years ago

Atlantis, Star Wars, STTNG

IMG_6713.jpgIMG_6713.jpg

#14 11 years ago

Jurassic Park, Dr WHO

IMG_6714.jpgIMG_6714.jpg

#15 11 years ago

WCS, Starship Troopers

IMG_6715.jpgIMG_6715.jpg

#16 11 years ago

Jungle Lord, Haunted House (really nice shape)

IMG_6719.jpgIMG_6719.jpg

#17 11 years ago

Great condition Pink Panther & Mars: God of War

IMG_6720.jpgIMG_6720.jpg

#18 11 years ago

Striker, Orbitor 1

IMG_6721.jpgIMG_6721.jpg

#19 11 years ago

EBD, Star Trek

IMG_6722.jpgIMG_6722.jpg

#20 11 years ago

Duck Hunt from Skipiball

IMG_6726.jpgIMG_6726.jpg IMG_6728.jpgIMG_6728.jpg

#21 11 years ago

Mr & Mrs Pacman, Fireball II

IMG_6737.jpgIMG_6737.jpg

#22 11 years ago

Scorpion, Embryon

IMG_6738.jpgIMG_6738.jpg

#23 11 years ago

X-Files, and the best condition JackBot I've ever seen. Looked like it was fresh from the box.

IMG_6741.jpgIMG_6741.jpg IMG_6742.jpgIMG_6742.jpg

#24 11 years ago

Thanks vid!

I had never heard of Blackbelt ever, FWIW you exposed me to a new game with your pics!

I am also glad I passed on Predator (not due to the art quality). It seems to be in pretty family unfriendly territory... hopefully they can release something less family unfriendly so I can consider buying their next project!

#25 11 years ago

Thanks Vid. Af-tor looks like a Megaforce ripoff. Is it possible to say Megaforce and ripoff in the same sentence with a straight face? Is a Megaforce theme pinball machine awesome, grotesque or just ridiculous?

All three?

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

It seems to be in pretty family unfriendly territory.

Yeah, they were warning everybody with kids who wanted to play that it was a R rated game.

Even the little kids seemed totally immune to the violence. They probably see so much murder on TV that it means nothing to them in a grainy DMD screen.

#27 11 years ago

Thanks Vid. Af-tor looks like a Megaforce ripoff. Is it possible to say Megaforce and ripoff in the same sentence with a straight face? Is a Megaforce theme pinball machine awesome, grotesque or just ridiculous?
    All three?

Who knows?

The cab was a strange, matte finish MDF kind of material.

Flippers were very strong.

Layout was unique.

WICO was the place back in the day to get switches, trackballs, flippers, coils, replacement cab artwork and joysticks - tons of parts, every part.

25f1.jpg25f1.jpg

#28 11 years ago

Had a great time there today. Highlights for me in no order:

Jackbot: 1st time playing. I want to buy that machine! in great shape and a very Fun game.

Lost in Space: 1st time playing, underrated game. I would really like to see a pimped out LED version.

Avengers vs. WOZ: I didn't like either initially but today I have found a love for both. IMO these pins are so different they would make a great 1-2 combo... for the rich people

Atlantis: The LED mods on this machine were very sexy. thumbs up.

Transformers LE... I own the PRO version still can't get into the LE

Attack from Mars: love the color DMD. good god the coil on the stroke of luck was way powerful.

Anyway.. IT WAS A GREAT TIME. If you are in MI. GO!!!!!

#29 11 years ago

Where's the EM love in the pics?

Knockout for example is a classic Gottlieb most people will never see.

#30 11 years ago

Thanks for the pics and to all of you that came out!

#31 11 years ago

Curious, how much was the asking price on the IM in the tourney area?

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Even the little kids seemed totally immune to the violence. They probably see so much murder on TV that it means nothing to them in a grainy DMD screen.

I'm guessing we just don't expose our 5 and 1.5 year old to "flayed humans" as much as other parents

We don't even really watch things like MMA/wrestling, its pretty much all sunshine and lollypops in my household

#33 11 years ago

I thought the Gottlieb Knock Out

Quoted from Garrett:Where's the EM love in the pics?

I thought the Gottlieb Knock Out was most impressive..

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I would be tempted to be pithy and state "that's because they're (north) American children" but I'm guessing we just don't expose our 5 and 1.5 year old to "flayed humans" as much as other parents

I would be tempted to reply, "Yeah, kids in Brazil never see any violence ", so I guess it's cool we kept that kind of nonsense to ourselves.

Quoted from vid1900:

Who knows?
    The cab was a strange, matte finish MDF kind of material.
    Flippers were very strong.
    Layout was unique.
    WICO was the place back in the day to get switches, trackballs, flippers, coils, replacement cab artwork and joysticks - tons of parts, every part.

Would love to see it in person. Looks cool! Maybe not as epic as the original flying motorcycles of Megaforce, but not everyone could afford that kind of A-List license.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

We don't even really watch things like MMA/wrestling, its pretty much all sunshine and lollypops in my household

Nothing wrong with that.

Protect them while you can, wrestling is crap.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from Garrett:

Where's the EM love in the pics?

James took all the EM pics, but he wanted to see some Detroit strip bars this eve.

I'm sure he'll put the pics up tomorrow.

#37 11 years ago

Thanks for the pics.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from jamespin:

Curious, how much was the asking price on the IM in the tourney area?

They are asking $6,000.

#39 11 years ago

Are there any AFM's for sale? If so, what condition and price? Thanks

#40 11 years ago

Everything is way over priced imho. I do not need to call out anything specific, but they are all "make me sell it prices". A few deals that are already sold

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from navajas:

I would be tempted to reply, "Yeah, kids in Brazil never see any violence ", so I guess it's cool we kept that kind of nonsense to ourselves.
    » YouTube video

Yes, I apologize about making this nationality related, even in jest. I had just watched the trailer for "The Purge" (a film that posits the US could solve its (violent) crime problem with... unlimited violent crime) and probably wasn't in the best mental state

#42 11 years ago

On our way back home now. Overall had a blast and met some new pinsiders and new pinheads. MPE was a good show. The facility is nice, the people were great, and a pretty decent selection of games overall with some very nice players! To be honest the highlight for my buddy and i was a trip over to Clay's place to see and play his amazing collection. Thanks Clay!!! Hope to stop over again sometime.

We played in pingolf. Had fun and my buddy took first place on front nine. The trophies are really sweet! I would have liked to see more variety to pingolf games and not all EMs or old ss, but still A good time.

We played pinbrawl today and completely sucked it up. We somehow made the E finals and still sucked then and lost bigtime. Consecutively the worst games of pinball for us all weekend. I did not even touch a single ball on my last game. Still had a good time and met some more great folks. Highlights were playing Predator and a more complete WOZ. Predator code is really great and if all of the physical components can end up matching the quality of the code then i will be very glad i plopped down a Deposit. Looking forward to a new proto to play sometime soon.

WOZ was much better now than at MGC. Still needs a lot before the code will be fun but shots are nice and it finally had snap with the new code.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from Garrett:

Here is a video my friend took of me playing the game on Friday.

#44 11 years ago

We went down to deliver a jackbot friday morning. Everything was way overpriced that was true, and it was crowded, but we got to play the wizard of oz. It was just awesome to look at and play. I think its gonna blow everything away, and I'm not even buying one. We were all impressed with that one!

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from newmantjn:

Here is a video my friend took of me playing the game on Friday.
    » YouTube video

Thanks newmantjn, it's a classic.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rbeckhorn:

Had a great time there today. Highlights for me in no order:
    Jackbot: 1st time playing. I want to buy that machine! in great shape and a very Fun game.
    Lost In Space: 1st time playing, underrated game. I would really like to see a pimped out LED version.
    Avengers vs. WOZ: I didn't like either initially but today I have found a love for both. IMO these pins are so different they would make a great 1-2 combo... for the rich people
    Atlantis: The LED mods on this machine were very sexy. thumbs up.
    Transformers LE... I own the PRO version still can't get into the LE
    Attack from Mars: love the color DMD. good god the coil on the stroke of luck was way powerful.
    Anyway.. IT WAS A GREAT TIME. If you are in MI. GO!!!!!

Crud. You were able to play Lost in Space? I wanted to so bad but it was turned off. I never played that pin and was bummed. We had to leave by 2pm so I assume it got fixed. How did you like it?

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Mr & Mrs Pacman, Fireball II

Played this Pacman with my wife and really enjoyed it. Only thing was the ball seemed floaty...as if the table needed a bit more pitch...to us anyway.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad:

Played this Pacman with my wife and really enjoyed it. Only thing was the ball seemed floaty...as if the table needed a bit more pitch...to us anyway.

Yeah, it is not F14, that's for sure - but I'm sure it was designed for a different audience.

I had fun playing it again; I don't see it that often.

#49 11 years ago

Just left there. Had a blast. Put my initials on IM and I only played one game. I also put my initials on the STTNG that had the color DMD. I thought WOZ was..... okay, wouldn't buy one.... newer Sterns are more fun to play.... IMHO.

Was really bummed that AC/DC was not there.

#50 11 years ago

Spent 12 hours there Saturday. Played in Pinbrawl and met some great people. Kids played in the kids tourney and my 4 year old won 1st place. That was the highlight of the day for me! The wife and daughter loved WOZ and I really enjoyed Avengers. All in all I was very impressed with the show this year. Did not meet any pinsiders, that I know of, but I think I was standing within talking distance to a few. We need a way to identify each other.

Keith

image.jpgimage.jpg

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mpe-michigan-pinball-expo-2013-highlights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.