(Topic ID: 44821)

MPE 2013: What is for sale? maybe W?D FTrade?

By Whysnow

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

117.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I have decided I will be going to my first ever MPE. Mainly because I want to see the newest iteration of Predator, but also because I need more PINBALL

Since I do not plan to bring a game to this show I will potentially have room to bring one home.

I would love to find a decent Bally/WIlliams DMD 'b' or 'c' lister that is restorable for an appropriate price. Titles like WCS, Flintstones, and Roadshow interest me. I am also intrigued by Bally Atlantis after getitng to play one at MGC.

Anyone have anything for sale? I need to decide what vehicle to drive over.

PM me if you have something.

#2 11 years ago

bump

#3 11 years ago

bumpage. Anyone??? Bueller...

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

bumpage. Anyone??? Bueller...

Haha. Have fun! That show is like no other. Sad that I'll be missing it this year.

#5 11 years ago

Any tips for a first timer Art?

#6 11 years ago

I will be doing pinbrawl but really no other solid plans.

Was thinking of departing by noon on Friday and stopping at Shark club (or something else 0 on the way. Should I just say F it and go directly to MPE on thursday? or is it worth the stop at sharkclub (kind of out of the way it seems).

Plan to be at MPE all day Friday and assume/hoping that Pinbrawl on Sat means exclusive access to games on Sat (similar to how Chitown Expo worked)

any tips appreciated

#7 11 years ago

Right on. The pinbrawl is very similar and yes, the giant game room is all reserved. Make sure to be there on time for the start so everything is on schedule and you don't get eliminated. Nobody needs KoZ mad at them . If you plan to do tournaments, make sure to do the classics each day. It's a new one each day so if one goes bad, try again the next. That's also how you can cram so many WPPRs in one event.

The show is much more focused on games than vendors (although some nice vendors are there). The guest speakers are downstairs (pins up) and on the opposite side of the building. There weren't signs in the past so be aware of that if you want to hear any of the speakers or see the free game drawing. If you win that game you better let me come by and play!

Also, there are plenty of restaurants right around the college. There's also a food court downstairs with some basics and a coffee shop. Hours are limited for the food court and coffee shop on the weekend.

#8 11 years ago

Game selection pretty good? quality?

How would you rank it compared to MGC and Expo? Those are my only reference points.

Is there plenty to do on Friday if I do not play in the tournaments? I assume free play is where the action will be for me.

Is it worth going on Thursday evening?

thanks

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Game selection pretty good? quality?

Overall quality of games is up there along with a varied selection.

Quoted from Whysnow:

How would you rank it compared to MGC and Expo? Those are my only reference points.

Can speak for MGC but all the games are still on the floor at the end of the show unlike Expo. Games that become damaged are removed to a back tech area to be repaired while a backup game is put in place.

Is there plenty to do on Friday if I do not play in the tournaments? I assume free play is where the action will be for me.

There is a lot to do every day!

Is it worth going on Thursday evening?

Thursday by far is the slowest night of the week, although we are doing a college night special for the students from 5pm close this year which might make it a bit busier.

Also, I see you are coming from Wisconsin. Feel free to bring some New Glarus IPAs for me if you feel so kind. I'll be happy to pay you when you arrive.

Mick

#10 11 years ago

For game selection MPE is really up there. There are more pins than MGC (and probably Expo) but not as many rare finds as Expo. The quality is pretty good/great on the games and they have techs helping out. You may see one or two of the same game here or there but that's very minimal.

Friday will be the least crowded so that's definitely the best day to go in my opinion. I wasn't there on Thursday previously so not sure about that.

The venue is what really makes it nice. It'll feel roomy compared to last weekend. This year they're up against back to back weekends of pinball so hopefully the turnout and people bringing games will be just as big.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from GrueLurks:

Can speak for MGC but all the games are still on the floor at the end of the show unlike Expo.

Don't know how I forgot this part. They are awesome about making sure games stay for the whole show. That's one thing I loved the most.

#12 11 years ago

Thanks for the info!!! Getting PUMPED already!

Mick> you just want the IPA? or others also? How much should I bring you? happy to do so

#13 11 years ago

Koz said that there will be over 30 games for sale. No more details available beyond that.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Koz said that there will be over 30 games for sale. No more details available beyond that.

Koz is the co-organizer, correct?

Also, I thought I remembered discussion last year of a nice collector with a very large collection (mainly older stuff, but some SS and DMD stuff) that possibly opened his doors to those traveling in for the weekend? I think he may have also been selling some stuff?

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Also, I thought I remembered discussion last year of a nice collector with a very large collection (mainly older stuff, but some SS and DMD stuff) that possibly opened his doors to those traveling in for the weekend? I think he may have also been selling some stuff?

possibly Marvin's place?

http://marvin3m.com/

#16 11 years ago

I wouldn't plan a making a purchase at MPE if you are in for one day. Unless you make a parking lot deal with someone on the forums. If I am correct all the machine must stay until Sunday even if they are sold. There will be a few games for sale but IMO they tend to be way overpriced.

It is a good show, lots of machine, techs on site to fix/repair the machine. Usually more EM's then SS. Most the newer and nicer stuff is in the Tournament row like most shows.

#18 11 years ago

Here's a good video from 2013 day 2 showing the lineup.

#19 11 years ago

I prefer to have something lined up in advance, as I will only be driving a pin hauling vehicle if I know it will be worth while.

I also will be leaving on Saturday after pinbrawl so i will not be able to buy something that needs to stay on the floor till sunday night.

Thanks for the link to last years thread Vid! Will you be going this year?

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks for the link to last years thread Vid! Will you be going this year?

Probably not, I've been stuck here on the East Coast for work.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Most the newer and nicer stuff is in the Tournament row like most shows.

How about that HUO MM that was sitting in the free play area?

#22 11 years ago

nice

117.jpg117.jpg

#23 11 years ago

Current game list;

http://www.mipinball.com/?page_id=548

If you are looking to buy then the sooner you get there the better, most games sell quickly. But I agree with Leachdude, you are not going to find a deal. I wish they had an auction like PaTZ, good deals were found.

The MPE is a great show with lots of great pins. Wiz Bang was there last year and hopefully they will be present this year. They created a true piece of art work with Whoa Nellie.

It was interesting to listen to Jack of JJP last year. He is temendously passionate about WoZ and pinball.

If you have the time you may want to stop by the Shark club to play some of the really nice new and rarer games that they are not bringing to the show.

#24 11 years ago

The Shark Club is a good spot it has alot of good games and great food also Mike Magyari the owner of the shark club is selling off a bunch of games. he mentioned haunted house, star trek, EBD LE, and several others at the MPE or if you have a chance to stop in ask Josh or the blond manager what games he has for sale they will put you in touch with him if you are interested in buying anything.

Certainly worth the stop..

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from GrueLurks:

I said MOST!! Hey its not HUO once it was played at the show. Ask anyone! Hope to see you there!

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

I said MOST!! Hey its not HUO once it was played at the show. Ask anyone! Hope to see you there!

Haha, gotta give you it to ya buddy! I'll be there all week next week, except Saturday night, gotta shoot the Anthrax concert that night.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

The Shark Club is a good spot it has alot of good games and great food also Mike Magyari the owner of the shark club is selling off a bunch of games. he mentioned haunted house, Star Trek, EBD LE, and several others at the MPE or if you have a chance to stop in ask Josh or the blond manager what games he has for sale they will put you in touch with him if you are interested in buying anything.
Certainly worth the stop..

The Shark Club is bringing a lot of games to MPE, some of them off the current floor line-up;
http://www.mipinball.com/?p=1224

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, Koz is the organizer. The Pinball Ninja opened his doors last year, but I don't know his plans for this year.

#29 11 years ago

Saturday during the day I will be open with games and restored backglasses for sale. Free soda pop and hot dogs and lots of games to play (130 games setup and restored, from EMs to 1980s solidstates to the lastest DMDs, including some rarities like Wms Joust, Spirit, Still Crazy, Banzai Run, 20ft contact ball bowler, etc.) Approximate hours will be 10am to 5pm on Saturday. I'm located in Northville MI which is 40 minutes from the show, but i'm on the way if you're coming from Ohio or the west part of the state. (In either case you almost drive right by on the way.) Email me if you want to stop in and say 'hi' (please don't use PM, email [email protected] )

Also for out-of-towners i'll be having an after-party at my house on Friday night about 8pm to midnight. If you want to stop by for that again feel free to contact me. I don't have a ton of room so please no locals (who probably have been there before), just people that are traveling from out of town.

#30 11 years ago

email sent

thanks!

#31 11 years ago

bump

looking to buy a game. if you have one to sell please hit me up.

#32 11 years ago

Bump. May consider trading W?D for something. Cash either way as needed.

#33 11 years ago

BUmpage

#34 11 years ago

upside

#35 11 years ago

one more bump? maybe April fools day will bring this fool some luck.

#36 11 years ago

son of a BUMP

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from GrueLurks:

That was my MM.

This year I have my AFM with ColorDMD installed.

It is going to be a great show!

#38 11 years ago

Defender, thanks for bringing that MM last year. It was awesome. I probably put 10 plays on it myself.

#39 11 years ago

I know it's listed as trade, but is there a price on the Who Dunnit? Afterall, money talks and pinballs walk!

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from D_Graunch:

I know it's listed as trade, but is there a price on the WHO dunnit? Afterall, money talks and pinballs walk!

sorry, not looking to sell (at this time) unless I have something else coming in the door

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
York, ME
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mpe-2013-what-is-going-to-be-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.