Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Looking for a particular pin ( JP )that I can't find anywhere local, and the only place I can see online to possibly purchase in stock is M&P Amusement. Looking online and on this site I can find not-so-great reviews but nothing within the last couple of months. Someone was even 1 mile from them and was going to check it out since had never heard of them before. Anyone dealt with them recently that would like to share their experience or any advice?

#2 11 years ago

Do you mean these guys: http://www.mpamusement.com/ ?

If so, I bought a monster bash from them. It took them about 6 weeks to shop and ship the game after I ordered it. The game was in very good condition. I wouldn't consider it treasure cove quality but it was very nice. I had to buy a new VUK scoop. I would have called it fully shipped, well cleaned, and working. Not fully restored. I was happy.

#3 11 years ago

Yes, that's the place. Thanks for your answer. I'm hoping the bad review of the past were indeed in the past and they may be a viable place for me to get a pin if I can't find a local.

#4 11 years ago

Let us know how it works out.

#5 11 years ago

I see one of the owners at the WS auction all the time and seems like a nice decent business person. I've never bought anything retail though

#6 11 years ago

Bought 2 machines from them (both reimports), a Funhouse a few years back, very good. I used them again for a Dracula last year, long wait and the machine was in horrible condition, missing playfield parts and plastics, wrong screws and dirty in many areas. I ended up putting about 3 days labor chasing down the problems, cleaning it up. They were somewhat helpful but slow to respond. I don't know your location but there is a JP in the Sacramento CA and with shipping it would probably be less $$ and not a long wait
sacramento.craigslist.org link

#7 11 years ago

there was another thread about this. Search it. They had some bad reviews in the other thread.

#8 11 years ago

Do not buy from these aholes. I'm not rehashing all the reasons again, which I have done on RGP and I believe here, but stay away.

#9 11 years ago

Thanks, but I did search on here and did a Google search, as stated. I was wanting any new info anyone had because the last thread I found was over 4 months old and someone was literally going to try to go check out the plant but had no responses after that. So far I'm mostly getting negative reviews again, so guess they are out for me. Just hard to find anything when there are no local options. I appreciate everyone's help.

#10 11 years ago

I bought a Baywatch from them at an auction. Game was in good shape. No complaints. However, my buddy dropped Airborne boards off to them for repair at YoRk last year. They took forever and lost two of the boards. His game is not playable at all now since he is missing them. He is pursuing litigation. My advice...go see the game first, then buy.

#11 11 years ago

I live about an hour from their shop and have visited on one occasion. Pretty incredible inventory of pins and arcade games (some in decent shape, but most absolutely terrible).

I have purchased from them and would again.... but absolutely positively only after physically examining the pin myself.

#12 11 years ago

I live in York. Never bought from them, but did go see them when I got into the hobby. Nice guys, took about an hour and a half to show me around and what all goes into a pin. I had never even lifted the playfield of one before I went to see them.

Quoted from ninjabones:

some in decent shape, but most absolutely terrible

It is my understanding that they do not do the cleanup until a title is requested. They get them in as they are and they sit until someone says, "I want......" then they clean it up and get it ready for them. Big truck dealers are this way too. I believe they pay taxes on the value of the product, so if it sits in 'undesireable condition' they don't spend as much on taxes as if they had gotten it ready to sell.

Chris

#13 11 years ago

It's how they clean it up, and the lack of following through on their part of the deal.

#14 11 years ago

Thanks for the reviews everyone. I appreciate it. I found my JP, and I didn't get it from them. Oddly, I did finally hear from M&P via email this morning saying it would take 3-4 weeks to find/ship one to me. Sorry M&P... too many bad reviews, too late.

#15 11 years ago

Don't be sorry, be thankful

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mp-amusement-reviews and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.