1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mandelbloom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BE83176E-73E0-4E49-A2D7-7BC7269A6DB1 (resized).jpeg
    97096C2A-B851-4C8B-8CEF-063C08005062 (resized).jpeg
    CCC1E7C5-CCB9-40E0-92D7-BBA113061E1F (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

Hey Pinside ... I may be moving a few states north 1000 miles or so. What’s my best bet for moving my collection ? I have 5 games . I am thinking to just fold em up on their backs , pack them up really nice with wrap and blankets and then either drive my own truck or trust a moving company.

#2 1 year ago

If you are moving your whole house contents - I've done 4 state to state moves - all with a moving company. They must wrap the pins for them to be insured. Explain that they are collectable and worth more than your dining room set/expensive furniture. They do not want claims, so they take good care of them. All four times the people that loaded my contents were also the drivers and unloaders at my new home.

If you are looking at just shipping the pins, I'd do it myself. There's a big difference between shipping whole house contents and a few pieces when it comes to care and service.

#3 1 year ago

I had a moving company move all my stuff except my pins. I rented a 24’ truck and moved all 19 of them my self. Movers insurance sucks.

CCC1E7C5-CCB9-40E0-92D7-BBA113061E1F (resized).jpeg

97096C2A-B851-4C8B-8CEF-063C08005062 (resized).jpeg

#4 1 year ago

I have packed and moved myself a few times. Few tips I always pass along:

When renting the truck, use the company's national 800 number to reserve a truck with the local office. Seems you always get a better price with their franchise agreed rate than just calling the local guy directly.

Hire some labor to help with loading and unloading all the heavy boxes, furniture, and pins. You can select guys with the best feedback on sites like https://collegehunkshaulingjunk.com/

You can get free used moving boxes on your local craigslist, and after your move, put your boxes on craigslist and someone will come remove them for you as well.

#5 1 year ago

Cool thanks for the tips I am going to price out moving with a company vs renting a truck and driving with with labor help on both ends . I’ll be loving the entire house but doing a bit of spring cleaning so a lot to my items will not be going .

#6 1 year ago

In the spirit of fair disclosure - mine were all corporate moves. The decision was easy when someone else is paying the bill.

1 month later
    #7 1 year ago

Well hopefully this
    Will do it

BE83176E-73E0-4E49-A2D7-7BC7269A6DB1 (resized).jpeg

#8 1 year ago

They look pretty well wrapped up. Good luck. You on your way now? When do you arrive?

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from bam10:

They look pretty well wrapped up. Good luck. You on your way now? When do you arrive?

Actually movers come a week from Tuesday and I get there on the 12th but I have e a week long work trip starting next Saturday so needed to get it done this weekend

Can’t wait to get up there !!

#10 1 year ago

hope everything makes it ok, including the pins. good luck

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinsideTroll:

hope everything makes it ok, including the pins. good luck

Thanks that is def my main concern most of my other stuff not that great LOL

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 289.00
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Boards
    Allteksystems

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside