Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190902_175603 (resized).jpg
20190831_203502 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

Watch the GVW and axle weight on your camper. Most campers don't have much load capacity and tires are often the weakest link. If you tires on the camper are over 4 years old and you are running anywhere near weight limits put new tires on the camper before you make the trip. If you have never blown a tire on a trailer you can't begin to realize how much damage that can do to the camper. Be sure tire pressure is correct and check tires often while you are on the road. Try to travel early morning and evening as much as possible during the summer since roads are cooler. Heat builds quickly in tires and they don't like heat!

I always change tires on my cargo trailers ever 4 years regardless of what anyone says about them lasting 7 years. And even with new tires I have actually had two blowouts in the summer heat. The crazy thing was both times the trailers were almost completely empty?

I know the temptation is their to overload but you are better safe than sorry. If you are going to overload anything overload the U-Haul because they are built like tanks & also if you have a flat it is U-Hauls issue not your issue.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

My toy hauler is only a year old, and so far only has 3 trips on it. The garage can take 3k in weight. I'm looking to have about 2k in the garage at the high end. I'm only going to put about 40 to 50 gallons of water, and only about 40 gallons of on board gas. It takes 60 gallons of gas, and 110 gallons of water. We are planning 550 miles first day early mourning roll out. 60 to 65 at most for speed. Going to definitely take our time. If we load it right we should be around 1.5 k under its gvrw. If I cant get all 5 pins in WPT will go in the Uhaul.
I got 4 of 5 pins upstairs today. Still have Tron in the basement. F I'm nervous about getting it upstairs. We did pretty good with the others today, but did tap the wall a couple times.

Glad to hear you are on new tires. People just don't realize how much damage blowing a tire can do to a camper or the contents inside. Drive safe & take your time! Getting their is more important than getting their quickly. Typically every time I stop I check heat in every tire just by putting my hand on each. From your comments it sounds like your garage unit is RV truck style like I have had in the past and not a trailer. Truck camper with garage is a lot more forgiving than a trailer since most use regular truck tires & not the "toy tires" they put on trailers these days.

#11 4 years ago

We will take it easy for sure. Now I have to figure out how to get the wife to let me keep all 5 in the camper set up while we look for a house

First off there should be no reason for her to object to you having those set up in the garage area while you are living in the camper. After a few days in tight quarters she will realize it is nice to have you go hang out in the garage. And if you have them set up you can store a ton of stuff under them.

If you need the garage space for storage put the machines in such a way that you can store stuff behind them. Even if you can only get 3 of the 5 set up you should be able to make a ton of storage in that garage area and still have room to play 3 pins.

#15 4 years ago

Too-many-pins now that's is solid logic. Her response what about the rabbit and three dogs? My response see above post from too-many-pins
Steve_in_Escalon Uhaul truck.

There should be room for rabbit cage & dog beds under the machines! But remind her she loves the dogs so they should really stay in the front of the rig so they don't get lonely. Ya got to be a salesman and you will be OK. Just remember to get the rig good and level before you start playing pinball!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 22.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 72.95
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 81.95
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-with-pins?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.