Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by smoothbore19
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190902_175603 (resized).jpg
20190831_203502 (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

Anybody have any input for moving with pins. So I'm moving from CO to KY in the next couple of weeks. I am planning on putting my five machines in the garage of my camper, if they will all fit. I think they will. If not one will be going in the Uhaul. I have mummified them in shrink-wrap. They will be strapped down sitting flat in the camper. Of course I will put down cardboard for them to sit on. Any ideas or input will be great. V/R

#2 6 months ago

Just stay in Colorado.

#3 6 months ago

You’ll miss it!

#4 6 months ago

Moving blankets, wrap them up good

#5 6 months ago

Just moved my Maximum Force arcade up from the basement. F me. we beat the hell out of the wall. Now I'm scared for my pins. I have a Tron down here that is in perfect shape. Gonna rap that thing up good.

#6 6 months ago

Watch the GVW and axle weight on your camper. Most campers don't have much load capacity and tires are often the weakest link. If you tires on the camper are over 4 years old and you are running anywhere near weight limits put new tires on the camper before you make the trip. If you have never blown a tire on a trailer you can't begin to realize how much damage that can do to the camper. Be sure tire pressure is correct and check tires often while you are on the road. Try to travel early morning and evening as much as possible during the summer since roads are cooler. Heat builds quickly in tires and they don't like heat!

I always change tires on my cargo trailers ever 4 years regardless of what anyone says about them lasting 7 years. And even with new tires I have actually had two blowouts in the summer heat. The crazy thing was both times the trailers were almost completely empty?

I know the temptation is their to overload but you are better safe than sorry. If you are going to overload anything overload the U-Haul because they are built like tanks & also if you have a flat it is U-Hauls issue not your issue.

#7 6 months ago

My toy hauler is only a year old, and so far only has 3 trips on it. The garage can take 3k in weight. I'm looking to have about 2k in the garage at the high end. I'm only going to put about 40 to 50 gallons of water, and only about 40 gallons of on board gas. It takes 60 gallons of gas, and 110 gallons of water. We are planning 550 miles first day early mourning roll out. 60 to 65 at most for speed. Going to definitely take our time. If we load it right we should be around 1.5 k under its gvrw. If I cant get all 5 pins in WPT will go in the Uhaul.

I got 4 of 5 pins upstairs today. Still have Tron in the basement. F I'm nervous about getting it upstairs. We did pretty good with the others today, but did tap the wall a couple times.

#8 6 months ago

My son took a pin on his move to Reno. Put it in the 20' U-Haul truck. No issues. A 4 player Bally EM. Strapped the main cabinet to one of the walls standing on it's back. Head had the glass side against the wall.

#9 6 months ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

My toy hauler is only a year old, and so far only has 3 trips on it. The garage can take 3k in weight. I'm looking to have about 2k in the garage at the high end. I'm only going to put about 40 to 50 gallons of water, and only about 40 gallons of on board gas. It takes 60 gallons of gas, and 110 gallons of water. We are planning 550 miles first day early mourning roll out. 60 to 65 at most for speed. Going to definitely take our time. If we load it right we should be around 1.5 k under its gvrw. If I cant get all 5 pins in WPT will go in the Uhaul.
I got 4 of 5 pins upstairs today. Still have Tron in the basement. F I'm nervous about getting it upstairs. We did pretty good with the others today, but did tap the wall a couple times.

Glad to hear you are on new tires. People just don't realize how much damage blowing a tire can do to a camper or the contents inside. Drive safe & take your time! Getting their is more important than getting their quickly. Typically every time I stop I check heat in every tire just by putting my hand on each. From your comments it sounds like your garage unit is RV truck style like I have had in the past and not a trailer. Truck camper with garage is a lot more forgiving than a trailer since most use regular truck tires & not the "toy tires" they put on trailers these days.

#10 6 months ago

We will take it easy for sure. Now I have to figure out how to get the wife to let me keep all 5 in the camper set up while we look for a house

#11 6 months ago

We will take it easy for sure. Now I have to figure out how to get the wife to let me keep all 5 in the camper set up while we look for a house

First off there should be no reason for her to object to you having those set up in the garage area while you are living in the camper. After a few days in tight quarters she will realize it is nice to have you go hang out in the garage. And if you have them set up you can store a ton of stuff under them.

If you need the garage space for storage put the machines in such a way that you can store stuff behind them. Even if you can only get 3 of the 5 set up you should be able to make a ton of storage in that garage area and still have room to play 3 pins.

#12 6 months ago

Uhaul trailer or Uhaul truck? If it's a truck, blanket and shrink wrap, then ship them on end, strapped to the sidewall of the truck. They are safer and take up less space.

#13 6 months ago

Too-many-pins now that's is solid logic. Her response what about the rabbit and three dogs? My response see above post from too-many-pins

Steve_in_Escalon Uhaul truck.

#14 6 months ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

Uhaul trailer or Uhaul truck? If it's a truck, blanket and shrink wrap, then ship them on end, strapped to the sidewall of the truck. They are safer and take up less space.

That is 100% EXACTLY what I did when I moved 6 machines to a temporary location in a climate-controlled facility. Was a long day, but I got it done.

#15 6 months ago

Too-many-pins now that's is solid logic. Her response what about the rabbit and three dogs? My response see above post from too-many-pins
Steve_in_Escalon Uhaul truck.

There should be room for rabbit cage & dog beds under the machines! But remind her she loves the dogs so they should really stay in the front of the rig so they don't get lonely. Ya got to be a salesman and you will be OK. Just remember to get the rig good and level before you start playing pinball!

#16 6 months ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

There should be room for rabbit cage & dog beds under the machines! But remind her she loves the dogs so they should really stay in the front of the rig so they don't get lonely. Ya got to be a salesman and you will be OK. Just remember to get the rig good and level before you start playing pinball!

See now we are talking. Good thing about this camper it has auto level. I'm still working her. 7 days left till roll out

1 week later
#17 6 months ago

Arrived in KY. I'm pretty sure I'm the only guy with a pinball machine in the RV park. I so forgot what humidity is.

#18 6 months ago

Still needs to be set up
20190831_203502 (resized).jpg

#19 5 months ago

Couldn't take it any longer. She's set up.

20190902_175603 (resized).jpg
#20 5 months ago

youll be the life of the RV park!

#21 5 months ago

Anybody have any input for moving with pins. So I'm moving from CO to KY in the next couple of weeks. I am planning on putting my five machines in the garage of my camper, if they will all fit. I think they will. If not one will be going in the Uhaul. I have mummified them in shrink-wrap. They will be strapped down sitting flat in the camper. Of course I will put down cardboard for them to sit on. Any ideas or input will be great. V/R

Might want to spread them apart if possible to help distribute the weight.

#22 5 months ago

Only put one in the camper. The rest sadly are in a dark cold storage unit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside