Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by rotordave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 months ago

Hi - I am new to the forum and are looking for guidance what I have to do to operate my Terminator 2 pinball machine that is US spec in Germany.

Initially I thought a step down transformer from 230 to 110 V would do it but there is the potential frequency issue 60 vs 50 Hz. Does a US spec Terminator 2 would work on 110V and 50 hz that I would get from a stepdown transformer? If not what is the recommended way to operate it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

#2 8 months ago

Your transformer accepts 230v input. You will need to move two wires or possibly use a different jumper. The European plug is different, probably easiest just to change the cord.

Post a photo of the transformer and someone can tell you what wires to connect to what lug or visit this thread and ask: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-line-cords-plugs-wall-sockets-vids-guide

#3 8 months ago

No idea what used pin prices or availability look like in Germany but would it cost less to just sell it in US dollars and just buy a EU game there?

#4 8 months ago

You don’t need a stepdown.

Just change the varistor to a 220v one, and change the wiring loops at the transformer. (Shown in the manual)

And buy a new line cord to plug in the back.

A 30 minute job.

rd

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside