3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by goldenboy232
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Sliders (resized).jpeg
    20160716_083908_(resized).jpg
    PA180068_(resized).JPG
    PA180067_(resized).JPG
    lift_(resized).jpg
    75ada8b7-242f-4afc-8b3b-258cdf62a436_145_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Has anyone invented wheels you could place on the legs of your machine permanently that lock so it makes it easy to slide your game out but doesn't affect the game when playing. My machines are on sliders and I hate pulling them out that way. I have wheels when I'm working on a machine but when they are lined up against the wall they come off

#2 3 years ago

Pinball Skates maybe. They're not permanent, but slip on and off easily. I"ve never seen anything permanent.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PBS

#3 3 years ago

With the Pinball skates does all four legs lift or just the back . I can't tell by the pic

#4 3 years ago

So how does people move their machines. I can't believe they drag it or climb under and lift with thier backs to put wheels under Everytime. There has to be a easier whey

#5 3 years ago

Pinball dolly. Best money i ever spent!

#6 3 years ago

You can buy locking wheels that would bolt on just like the casters do. Home Depot sells them. Just find a set with long enough bolts. Add a nut at the bottom so you can still level your game.

75ada8b7-242f-4afc-8b3b-258cdf62a436_145_(resized).jpg

#7 3 years ago

Yup, $20 for a set of 4 at HD. Do check they are the real Heavy locking one, they have 2 types by me.

Ill take some pics, the next time Im at the property, but Im happy with the results.

#8 3 years ago

Does anybody have that Pinball lifter that attaches on a motorcycle lift? I seen them at Pinfest and I have a motorcycle lift. They are on eBay for 119 bucks. Just wondered how it works

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spider3582:

Does anybody have that Pinball lifter that attaches on a motorcycle lift? I seen them at Pinfest and I have a motorcycle lift. They are on eBay for 119 bucks. Just wondered how it works

Not exactly answering your question. however I would avoid motorcycle lifts. They are rather wobbly in my opinion. If you want a lift that can reach a tailgate get the 1000lbs Harbor freight lift. No need to modify the handle like everyone thinks they need to. Just go from the back, however you can still lift from the front if you put the head down. The head folded down will counter the weight. The smaller one that is also available wont reach a trucks tailgate, so don't get that one. As well, when you are done with it, the lift stores under a pin.

lift_(resized).jpg

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-hydraulic-table-cart-60438.html

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Pinball dolly. Best money i ever spent!

This.

#11 3 years ago

Thank you for ideas I appreciate it

#12 3 years ago

What I have. No modifications needed. I have had mine for over 3 years with no problems. Best money I have spent to save my back. Should last forever with the exception of maybe having to change the shock absorber at some point in the distant future if it leaks.

ebay.com link » Heavy Duty Pinball Lift Dolly Cart Made In The U S A

#13 3 years ago

+3 on the pinball dollies.

I have one in the basement, one in the garage, and one at my parents' basement. Well worth the money.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spock:

No need to modify the handle like everyone thinks they need to. Just go from the back

I go from the front. I did this rather involved mod:

PA180067_(resized).JPG
    PA180068_(resized).JPG

Step one:
    Stand on cart

Step two:
    Push on cheap China steel until it bends.

#15 3 years ago

Yep, did two that way.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from newmantjn:

Step one:
    Stand on cart

Step two:

I love this, I might add some cheezeburger grease to step 1.5 as king of lowtec!

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from newmantjn:

Step two:

my orange older one from harbor freight will not bend like that and i am a fairly heavy guy.

#18 3 years ago

They are over 200 bucks but maybe I can get a 20% off coupon

#19 3 years ago

The 500 lb one is 169 and should be plenty.

#20 3 years ago

With a 20% coupon I can get a 500lbs hydraulic lift cart for 135.00 but I might have to order it

#21 3 years ago

Here's my solution, ATV lift modified first with a riser box to get the height then with a tilt top and forks to tilt a game. Works very good for the shop.

i then have a harbor fieght 500 lbs lift table for the game room to pull games in and out of the lineup.

But yea this is permanently attached to my ATV lift, I dont own any ATVs, that would cut into my pin money

20160716_083908_(resized).jpg

#22 3 years ago

I do have a motorcycle lift that I don't use for a bike anymore

9 months later
    #23 2 years ago

I almost bought a pinball at an estate sale, but got there too late. Still, I was worrying about how I was going to move it out by myself if I had bought it. So, a cart like the one at Harborfreight sounds like something I should get. My question is that since the table is only 17 11/16 wide and not long enough to go front to back, do you need to provide any extra reinforcement when you jack it up under the game? Doesn't seem to me that there would be enough strength in the bottom of the pin to support the game's weight.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from Renouart:

I almost bought a pinball at an estate sale, but got there too late. Still, I was worrying about how I was going to move it out by myself if I had bought it. So, a cart like the one at Harborfreight sounds like something I should get. My question is that since the table is only 17 11/16 wide and not long enough to go front to back, do you need to provide any extra reinforcement when you jack it up under the game? Doesn't seem to me that there would be enough strength in the bottom of the pin to support the game's weight.

Never been a problem for me. For Bingos with the 300# head, I extend the table with 2x4's bolted to the table.

#25 2 years ago

Thanks, no one ever said they did something special to reinforce the bottom, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

#26 2 years ago

I simply use a set of of the plastic "sliders" that you can get for moving furniture under the feet of each pinball machine in my collection. Easy-peasy for moving them around if you're just pulling them out to service them, re-arranging them, or moving them across the room or the house.

Sliders (resized).jpeg

If I need to actually transport a game, it's not hard to take it apart (Remove 4 head bolts, disconnect the Jones plugs to the head, stow the cord, and remove the head; then take the two back legs off and slowly lower to the ground; tip the game onto its end so it's standing vertically on its built-in gliders; remove the front two legs; put on a dolly and transport to my Tahoe).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 233.10
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 7.95
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    Mod Magic!
    $ 140.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside