Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gorgar666
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

six flags (resized).jpg
    193gdsf054vkejpg (resized).jpg
    20200123_185651 (resized).png
    0FD1F462-3FD7-4EA8-9A2B-985A57B4E7ED (resized).jpeg
    tenorq.gif
    tx cat (resized).jpg
    6A1727B9-3918-4693-9352-0A98B5AB7582 (resized).jpeg
    2ED1AD16-BB70-4237-8DB0-652DC8548F4F (resized).jpeg
    download (2) (resized).jpeg
    AR-181018734 (resized).jpg
    YC0p8c.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider latecenturymods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 4 years ago

Coming to Texas? You and everyone else:

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/city-life/01-06-20-texas-led-us-population-growth-from-2018-to-2019-says-census-bureau/

tl;dr version:

July 2018 to July 2019, the population of Texas grew by 367,215. (That's one whole Arlington's worth)
      Texas accounted for nearly one-fourth of the country’s population growth from 2018 to 2019
      From April 2010 Census to July 2019, Texas added 3,849,790 residents. (Just shy of the whole population of Oklahoma)

Most of these people are landing in and around Dallas and Houston. The DFW Metroplex is about 7.5 million and the Houston MSA is 7 million people. I've lived in Houston all my life so I'm used to the growth here, but for perspective on Texas' insane growth I just go to Dallas; the sprawl in every direction never ceases to amaze me. Places that used to be distant and rural look no different any other suburb, or are getting there fast. I don't know what goes on between them and Corsicana but there's a six lane highway for all 55 miles between them. Houston built the widest freeway on the planet and it's busier than it ever was before in less than 10 years. Traffic is heavier and edgier than ever before. Live close to where you work, if you have any sense.

2 weeks later
    #232 4 years ago
    Quoted from JNX:

...Reading this thread, I am pretty surprised at the emphasis of the politics of people's neighbors as opposed to how vibrant the pinball scenes are in multiple locations in the state....

Some people (on both sides of the political debate) have been advocating excessive and highly defensive group identity, instead of outward-focused respect and community building.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider latecenturymods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-to-texas-advice?tu=latecenturymods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.