Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gorgar666
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

six flags (resized).jpg
    193gdsf054vkejpg (resized).jpg
    20200123_185651 (resized).png
    0FD1F462-3FD7-4EA8-9A2B-985A57B4E7ED (resized).jpeg
    tenorq.gif
    tx cat (resized).jpg
    6A1727B9-3918-4693-9352-0A98B5AB7582 (resized).jpeg
    2ED1AD16-BB70-4237-8DB0-652DC8548F4F (resized).jpeg
    download (2) (resized).jpeg
    AR-181018734 (resized).jpg
    YC0p8c.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Spent a month camping, hiking and traveling around El Paso/Big Ben area. I was shocked at how nice people were. My buddy and I would be out ridding our bikes and people would invite us to come sit on there porch and drink lemonade. This was in the late 90's though. Hopefully it hasn't changed.

I think you misplaced a "d".

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

I was visiting a lifelong Texan in Austin and we went out to a bar. We both ordered beer. Because the bartender heard his accent, he gave my friend just a bottle, and when he heard my "Yankee" accent, he gave me a bottle and a glass.
    My friend said, "If you touch that glass, I'll kill you." For the second round the bartender took my glass away.

Funny. I was gonna say, before you go into any bar, lose that Yankee accent!

#204 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

We have a saying here...last one to leave, please turn off the lights.
    If it weren’t for my business, I’d be down in Texas or Florida.
    Be nice to go to a place where the politicians don’t view me as an ATM machine for themselves.

They'll get to you everywhere eventually.

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Live in NJ for a year...you’ll see exactly what I mean.

NJ? I have it worse. In in NY, and in the highest taxed county at that.
    I used to work in NJ a lot, and did much of my shopping there. Until the higher gas tax was added, I'd always get gas there too. The gas is still way cheaper down there in many places than it is up by me.
    And...no stupid five cent deposit on every beer can!

#210 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

Strange thing about gas in New Jersey... There is a law that you are not allowed to pump your own gas. Attendants can only operate most of the pumps and they carry a card that allows them to operate the gas pump. Most of them appear to be from India or somewhere similar to that. I had no idea, especially the 1st time. I thought the guy was begging for money or something, but he just wanted to pump my gas. I just cannot understand why people would want that in New Jersey. I carry my own luggage, drive my own truck, pump my own gas and I am fully grown... I don't need some guy I have never seen pumping my gas. But I did allow it, because that is the law in New Jersey...

Yeah, that's one thing I always disliked about getting gas in NJ.
    Sometimes I'd pump it myself anyway, but then they started using that access card. Sometimes I still stop the pump myself and drive off if I'm using my credit card.

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Another strange thing about NJ, always cheapest (or close to cheapest) gas prices on the east coast. Whatever else they’re taxing, it’s not the gas.

It's gone up considerably though in the last few years due to a big gas tax increase. The prices are much more variable there now than they use to be. Some places have prices just as high as in upstate NY,
    and the prices on the GSP and NJTPK are no bargain.

#215 4 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Well jr you must live in Westchester?

Ja wohl!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jrpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-to-texas-advice?tu=jrpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.