Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 245 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gorgar666
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

six flags (resized).jpg
    193gdsf054vkejpg (resized).jpg
    20200123_185651 (resized).png
    0FD1F462-3FD7-4EA8-9A2B-985A57B4E7ED (resized).jpeg
    tenorq.gif
    tx cat (resized).jpg
    6A1727B9-3918-4693-9352-0A98B5AB7582 (resized).jpeg
    2ED1AD16-BB70-4237-8DB0-652DC8548F4F (resized).jpeg
    download (2) (resized).jpeg
    AR-181018734 (resized).jpg
    YC0p8c.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hool10.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

So last year was the first time I have been outside of an airport one time in Houston for a layover going to Vegas. I went to TPF and was just blown away by the culture, food, people, stuff to do and weather and probably other stuff. I have lived near Lowell, MA for 30 years and 2 years in Manchester, NH.

I'm a welder and was looking at Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, etc. Not sure if anybody has a friend/relative or is working at these places.

Anyways where is a good place to check out because I'm going to TPF again this year and last year I checked out the Dallas Cowboys stadium while wearing my Patriots attire. The Dallas World Aquarium was like x1000 times better than the Boston Aquarium and the Reunion Tower was incredible. After TPF I'm planning on going to Austin, San Antonio, Houston, and finally back to the DFW airport. I'm going back 4/4/20.

What places should I avoid because I hear the east part is fully of hardcore Republicans, Austin is full of drugs, further South looks like something from Breaking Bad? I have no clue but I'm a single 32yr old that leans mostly in the middle. I really don't want to turn this into a "oh man stay out of our state Yankee".

#69 4 years ago

Ok let me clarify some things because like some people flipped the F out and then I somehow ended up with a warning. I really don't care about your political leanings at all really but I may disagree with you. I have some friends who voted and will vote again for Trump and I'm like "hey, you do you man but don't parade it around".

Let me put it this way. When I was getting my car rental the 3 ladies at the desk made me a list of barbeque and Mexican food restaurants and were INCREDIBLY nice. We literally talked for about 20min. That also happened with the bartenders too. People were just nice and said "hello". I felt actually home sick because I wanted someone to not say "hello" back or look down if you made eye contact to feel "normal". Some people were from across the world (not for TPF) for business. You don't have many people that are really "nice" in New England. It's literally like pulling teeth. A good example is my manager gave us all some chocolates and scratch tickets for Christmas and I was the only one who bought him some candy as a "thank you". It's really a take all and keep it for your family extremely close/limited pool of friends in New England.

With the drug stuff you have to remember that Trump stated that Manchester, NH is a drug den. That is a fact! There is a highway corridor that is I-93 that goes under Boston straight through the middle of NH and any major city on that corridor has drug/violence issues because they hand the drugs off so it can go east/west like a postal worker because NH is mainly a vertical state. All the New England states are drugged and MA just made it legal finally after being baked since hippies were around. When certain players from certain states go to some houses the owners always say "please smoke it in your car". It's always a ME, NH player getting baked before a tournament. The owners always have to walk out and say to them to take it somewhere else to and it's so disrespectful.

I could go on and on but I have my reasons for wanting to move. Sure the weather can get hot but I hate having about 1 month of the entire year that is nice here.

Ok so Dallas and Austin sound promising. What places would you folks recommend to check out? I want to check out the Alamo and my parents have told me it's small. They make it sound like a fortress in history class but it's really a small church?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hool10.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-to-texas-advice?tu=hool10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.