Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DocRotCod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

joseywalesdixie_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

HI everyone,

I've been AWOL a bit on the boards the last few months because I've been super busy. I'm excited to announce I'm moving (along with my family and 5 beautiful EMs) back home to Texas after 12 great years in the Pacific NW. Once we're settled in San Antonio later this summer, I look forward to connecting with the Texas EM community and also getting up to the big Dallas show next spring!

I'll miss the Seattle pinball community, but look forward to staying in touch here on Pinside!

Best,

Mark

#2 3 years ago

Hey heading to Seattle in a month any pinball places there to play while on vacation? Also, heading to Canada to Vancouver, Edmonton,
and Calgary. To bad hockey isn't going on. Would love to walk the arenas inside. Good luck with you trip back home. I miss Big "D" but I go home quite often.

#3 3 years ago

I'm from New Braunfels and manage a few arcad in San Antonio. Let me know when you get here.

Chris Kruger

#4 3 years ago

First EMpinman now Goldenboy232, I dont know how many more we can take in...

#5 3 years ago

Welcome back home. If you've never been to the Dallas show prepare to have your mind blown. It's a great show with a pretty good showing of EM's. Don't forget our little show in November here in Houston too. It's not as big as Dallas but it's getting bigger every year.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

First EMpinman now Goldenboy232, I dont know how many more we can take in...

When we got to the Texas border all me and misses had to do was whistle "Dixie" and the kind folks here let us right in.

Quoted from goldenboy232:

I'm excited to announce I'm moving (along with my family and 5 beautiful EMs) back home to Texas

Welcome back pardner!

Ken

joseywalesdixie_(resized).jpg

#8 3 years ago

Nice seeing you again at the NW pin show on Friday Mark. I had a great time, but woke up with the flu Saturday morning & spent the remainder of the day shivering and sweating in bed....
Anyway, sorry to see you leave the PNW, but there appears to be a decent pin community in Texas.
Dasvis

#9 3 years ago

Welcome home!!!!

#10 3 years ago

Welcome back to the great state of Texas Mark. Do you take visitors?

#11 3 years ago

Buy a boat........

#12 3 years ago

Welcome back man! I look forward to meeting you at some point.

#13 3 years ago

Welcome back to Texas! I can't speak for San Antonio but there is an active pinball community here in DFW. You are going to love the Texas Pinball Festival in late March. 350+ pinball machines all set to free play, with terrific seminars as well. The organizers do a fantastic job with that show!

#14 3 years ago

Lived in Temple for 6 yrs. and loved the area. I'd move back if the wife would go but she dislikes the heat......

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Lived in Temple for 6 yrs. and loved the area. I'd move back if the wife would go but she dislikes the heat......

Let me guess....she doesn't shovel the snow at your house.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Let me guess....she doesn't shovel the snow at your house

Absolutely correct!!!! Lol My oldest brother Ron lived in Marietta just outside of Houston after he retire from the service, nice there as well. I miss the Belton reservoir, some of the best bass fishing to be found anywhere in the south.

3 weeks later
#17 3 years ago

Just saw this thread Mark. Sorry I missed you at the NW Show.

Adios partner - best wishes for happiness with your new job and home in TX!

#18 3 years ago

Welcome back.
We have a few EM's over here in Beaumont.
Currently just have 4.

2001, Grand Prix, Aladdin's Castle and Pro Football. Also have a Hot Tip solid state that plays like an EM.
But we have had about 30 come through the house over the years.
My very first pin was a Bally Nip-It.

#19 3 years ago

Welcome back. San Antonio is a little far from Beaumont but we love having new participants in our Gulf Coast Club:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana

#20 3 years ago

Welcome back to Texas. We have a weekly tournament in Downtown Houston once a week. We also a monthly tournament at the Game Preserve once a month at the Game Preserve in the Woodlands area once a month. www.spacecitypinball.com

#21 3 years ago

Our Houston Area Arcade Expo is coming up in November. You should plan now on coming out for the weekend. Hotel and Expo entrance tickets are cheaper than anywhere around. Family fun. http://www.arcadecenter.com/

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Welcome back. San Antonio is a little far from Beaumont but we love having new participants in our Gulf Coast Club:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana

I like how you changed you location to Athens. (Show off)

#23 3 years ago

Show your green card at the border

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I like how you changed you location to Athens. (Show off)

I think we should hold an official Gulf Coast Pinball Club meeting over here.

Quoted from zr11990:

Show your green card at the border

haha! I know you are kidding but I really do travel with Green Card now in a way, my Greek wife has one. She gets to go through the citizen line though in immigration now when we travel together. When she travels alone she has to go through the foreigner line.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think we should hold an official Gulf Coast Pinball Club meeting over here.

haha! I know you are kidding but I really do travel with Green Card now in a way, my Greek wife has one. She gets to go through the citizen line though in immigration now when we travel together. When she travels alone she has to go through the foreigner line.

I never knew there was a foreigner line. Shows how much I know. I have only been out of the country 4 times and it was through IAH and I never noticed. But yes, I was kidding

Please don't take this the wrong way as I say it with respect. I love your wife. She is a sweetheart and she is funny. I look forward to seeing you two at the next show

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I never knew there was a foreigner line. Shows how much I know. I have only been out of the country 4 times and it was through IAH and I never noticed. But yes, I was kidding
Please don't take this the wrong way as I say it with respect. I love your wife. She is a sweetheart and she is funny. I look forward to seeing you two at the next show

Pav is one of the best. So full of energy and one of the nicest people you would ever want to meet.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So you are here in TX?

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

So you are here in TX?

Well, I'm in Greece for the time being but live a good bit of the time in Lake Charles. Under the leadership of the Beaumont guys we formed this club between mostly Beaumont and Lake Charles and surrounding areas since we are only 50 mins apart via I-10.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, I'm in Greece for the time being but live a good bit of the time in Lake Charles. Under the leadership of the Beaumont guys we formed this club between mostly Beaumont and Lake Charles and surrounding areas since we are only 50 mins apart via I-10.

Whoa. I didn't realize you moved to Greece TigerLaw. Are you going to be there long?

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Whoa. I didn't realize you moved to Greece TigerLaw. Are you going to be there long?

No, my wife is from here so we just had a bit of an extended trip to see her parents and sister. I changed my location on the time zone so people would see when I would likely be asleep and not expect reply PMs during my normal hours (I pm a lot!!!).

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Welcome back to Texas. We have a weekly tournament in Downtown Houston once a week. We also a monthly tournament at the Game Preserve once a month at the Game Preserve in the Woodlands area once a month. http://www.spacecitypinball.com

Thanks for the Texas hospitality! Once I get settled, I'll try to make it over to Houston for the Arcade Expo in November with my son!

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Cool!

#33 3 years ago

How do you become a pinside moderator? Not that I want to become one but really curious how that process works out...

#34 3 years ago

Welcome back to Texas and San Antonio! There isn't much in the way of location play here. I keep the pinside map as up to date as my time and budget allows. As joemamma stated above, he does a great job keeping the pinballs at the Cinemark @ 210 & Evers running smoothly. If he has any other machines on location out there he's servicing I'd love know about them! There are people around with decent private collections listed on the pinside map but I don't know many of them personally. I do have a buddy who has quite an EM collection here in town, but he doesn't really post on pinside very much. Since Austin has a pretty strong pinball community, I started going up there this spring for league play once a week. I just got tired of waiting for something happen here. I've since connected with another soul who's willing to make the trek with me. Another carpooler wouldn't be the worst thing. We go to Buffalo Billiards on Sundays. League starts at 4:30. I also started a Facebook group for local pinball enthusiasts with the goal of it eventually being more than a Facebook group. Please join up if that sounds like it would be of interest to you. Hope to make your acquaintance soon!

-Chris
San Antonio Pinball Enthusiasts
https://www.facebook.com/groups/901483816582482

#35 3 years ago

Welcome back to San Antonio. We've been here for over 3 years and love it. Seems like Buda is the closest pinball arcade for more than a few machines of location play.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

How do you become a pinside moderator? Not that I want to become one but really curious how that process works out...

The process has changed over the years. When I became a mod I just received a PM out of the blue from Robin. Now there is a bit more of a process and application and we have to be recruiting, which we currently are not.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

The lady of the lake....

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The process has changed over the years. When I became a mod I just received a PM out of the blue from Robin. Now there is a bit more of a process and application and we have to be recruiting, which we currently are not.

Wow thats interesting!

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

The lady of the lake....
» YouTube video

Lol!

#40 3 years ago

Can I be a moderator ?

#41 3 years ago

What are your working hours as a moderator?

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from JJHLH:

active pinball community here in DFW

Depends on which day of the week it is, and who you are....when you ask that question. If you're looking for things to do in the middle of the week....all I can say is HA!

#43 3 years ago

I want to be a moderator too

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Mateo, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Enfield, CT
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Middletown, OH
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 8.40
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 36.82
Playfield - Decals
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 125.00
Lighting - Backbox
Great American Pinball
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 249.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside