(Topic ID: 124439)

Moving to New Jersey

By Ranhorton

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-631.jpg
    image.jpg
    wolfman.gif
    ted.jpg
    download (1).jpg
    IMAG6537.jpg
    IMAG6538 (1).jpg
    th-3.jpeg
    IMG_0784.jpg
    funny-shaped-vegetables-fruits-4.jpg
    90960-i.jpg
    th-2.jpeg
    download (2).jpg
    in-soviet-russia-the-fool-pities-mr-t1-demotivational-poster.jpg
    IMG_00001990.jpg
    IMG_00002028.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vic_camp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 9 years ago

There are some nice towns with good school systems close by Secaucus. Some of these towns like Fairfield, Caldwell, Livingston, Roseland, Essex Fells and a few more are in the 20 mile give or take a few miles. I don't know how much you are willing to spend on a home, but plan on a 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, one car garage going for around $400,000 to $500,000 with taxes near $12,000 per year.

If you can start your job hours early at 7am and leave work by 3:30pm...then you'll avoid the heavy traffic flow and your commute will be about 30 minutes.

One thing for sure is there are plenty of pinball collectors here in NJ and they mostly are passionate and kind people who share their interest in the hobby with everyone. I for one have 4 game rooms and 40 pinballs in my home in Clifton, which is only a few miles away from Secaucus. Our youngest son is attending Clifton HS and will be a senior in September. He is getting a decent education and will be attend Montclair State College. Clifton has some real nice sections and cost will be the same as the above listed towns.

North Jersey has a lot to offer and can be a beautiful place to live and experience....you just have to block out all the not so good things. I've been here for near 60 years and enjoyed almost every minute of it, but in a few years I will be living at our condo in Florida.

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Ted...don't miss any of my next pinball gatherings. I could be in Florida sooner then I planned.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vic_camp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-to-new-jersey?tu=vic_camp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.