Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by TonyH
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Me and my three pinball machines are moving to Louisville (from New Hampshire) next month. Bought a house in the Highlands. Looking forward to building a dedicated play space in the basement. What's the local pinball scene like there? Looking forward to the move!

Tony A.

#2 8 years ago

Just moved away from Lousiville last September after spending 3 years there (I also lived in the Highlands). I really miss it - a lot of great people and places to visit. When you get there, please help yourself to some wings, a quesadilla and a pint of the pale ale at Cumberland Brews. I used to go there at least 3 times a week...

#3 8 years ago

Maybe there's a big scene I'm not aware of, but there doesn't seem to be a huge pinball presence in the area. I'm not aware of any leagues. There are scattered locations that may have a pin or 2 in various states of disrepair.

The main permanent attraction is Zanzabar that always has several pins, but don't plan to go on an evening. They'll likely have a band playing and you'll have to pay a cover charge for the pleasure of entering so you can pay to play the games...

Then there's the annual Louisville Arcade Expo that usually has a lot of pins and hosts tournaments.

Other than that there are some local collectors that you'll run into if you do any buying, selling, or trading. Pinsider Madpole has hosted a couple parties.

#4 8 years ago

Great pinball scene. I lived there for about a year and a half and unfortunately didn't have time to enjoy it with my work schedule

I think MimaiRedSkin meant to mention the name of the place Zanzabar in Louisville. Little barcade that is awesome to hang out at. They have a ton of games and I had heard a rumor there was a pinball hangout opening up near there as well. They actually just had an unveiling party of WOZ. Check them out, they are on Facebook. They have tournaments every Wed in the evening if memory serves correct. Pretty cool guys. Oh and the quesdillas are quite delicious.

Every year in March there is the the LAX - Louisville Arcade Expo. I have been the last 4 years and it is a great time.

#5 8 years ago

Dangit Jim, why do you always have to type faster that me?!

#6 8 years ago

Welcome to Louisville. Keep in touch. There are several great pinheads around. Good luck in the move!

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Great pinball scene. I lived there for about a year and a half and unfortunately didn't have time to enjoy it with my work schedule
I think MimaiRedSkin meant to mention the name of the place Zanzabar in Louisville. Little barcade that is awesome to hang out at. They have a ton of games and I had heard a rumor there was a pinball hangout opening up near there as well. They actually just had an unveiling party of WOZ. Check them out, they are on Facebook. They have tournaments every Wed in the evening if memory serves correct. Pretty cool guys. Oh and the quesdillas are quite delicious.
Every year in March there is the the LAX - Louisville Arcade Expo. I have been the last 4 years and it is a great time.

Yes Yes, Zanzabar is great and so is the owner Antz. He is a real pinhead and it's great what he is doing putting some great machines out for the public to play. But seriously, I thought the beer and food at Cumberland Brews was worth mentioning more than pinball.. haha

#8 8 years ago

Antz is awesome, the only person I have ever been envious of. He's never not smiling and he is always playing a pinball or an arcade and drinking a beer.

#9 8 years ago

Already been to Cumberland on a couple of visits! I am dangerously close to both Cumberland and The Holy Grail!

Tony A.

#10 8 years ago

Be sure to buy bigger pants.

#11 8 years ago

Welcome from another Louisville area collector. I have a get together every year as long as life doesn't get in the way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Winston-salem, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 85.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.00
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-to-louisville and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.