Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GoodOmens
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6327 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeneas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

I'm in Belgium. Welcome !

Wpc games can be converted, but you should also replace the mov if you want to do it right.
    Stern spike games are protected, don't bother bringing them..

Buying parts is no problem, many dealers in Europe.
    Also official Stern dealers from which you can order.
    Just keep in mind prices are more expensive, above the shipping there's 21pct vat.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Check the pinside map, there's a few collectors in Belgium. I don't believe I've ever seen a pinball machine on location in Belgium, just bingos.
    I'll see you next year, if Americans are allowed to travel to Europe again, and if Belgium is hosting Metal festivals again.

Bingos are indeed found in almost every pub, pinball machines much less, but there are some.

In the centre of Brussels recently a pinball museum has started (they don't have a website, are only on facebook (Brussels pinball museum).
    In Rotterdam there's a pinball museum (much bigger) and there's Free Play near the dutch border ( https://www.freeplaylanaken.com/ )
    In Paris there's also a pinball museum.. so enough pinball related places to include in visits.

Quoted from EJS:

I wonder why this is a thing? I mean, your Playstations and laptops and such they give you a second chance to change your "region" and they have region specific things probably for different laws....but something that detects frequency changes? I see those moving overseas much easier than pins.

Stern introduced it with spike to stop grey import - there were many dealers in Europe who were importing games from the USA because it was cheaper than buying from the official dealer for the country. In the USA there are enough dealers you can select from and they buy directly from Stern, but worldwide Stern has a different model - they appointed one official dealer for each country/region and everything has to go through him, local resellers have to buy from them..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeneas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-to-europe?tu=aeneas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.