(Topic ID: 215477)

Moving to Boulder, CO.

By JoinTheCirqus

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Never had to do a relocation before, first time for everything - my family is relocating to the Boulder area. I’m looking forward to meeting pinheads in the area! Are there any leagues in the greater Denver area? Any good places to play in public settings? I also enjoy hosting events, currently I own 14 pins, most WPC-95 through current, but I have a few older classics as well. Thank goodness there seems to be quite a few houses in the area with basements! (Nearly nonexistent in Seattle).

Is the Denver show the same weekend as the Seattle show? I’m looking forward to seeing it. Oh, how the hell did Boulder get so expensive!

Anyways, I’m looking forward to meeting new friends!

Michael

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Never had to do a relocation before, first time for everything - my family is relocating to the Boulder area. I’m looking forward to meeting pinheads in the area! Are there any leagues in the greater Denver area? Any good places to play in public settings? I also enjoy hosting events, currently I own 14 pins, most WPC-95 through current, but I have a few older classics as well. Thank goodness there seems to be quite a few houses in the area with basements! (Nearly nonexistent in Seattle).
    Is the Denver show the same weekend as the Seattle show? I’m looking forward to seeing it. Oh, how the hell did Boulder get so expensive!
    Michael

I’m seeing a pattern here of what states you are willing to live in....and I like it. :-)Good luck with the move and coming changes.

#3 5 years ago

https://www.ifpapinball.com/calendar/
    If you put Denver into the search box at the IFPA calender several of them come up.

#4 5 years ago

Michael

Ah Boulder......10 square miles surrounded by reality......As we Coloradoans like to say......

#5 5 years ago

You are moving to pinball utopia as far as on premise locations to play, leagues, enthusiasm for the hobby, etc.

Buying pinballs here is another story. Get ready to pay more than Southern California.

But life is good here. You will never want to leave! Welcome.

#6 5 years ago

Boulder is not my cup of tea but others love it, but you can't find a better state!

Lets get the ground rules on the table early, games of yours I have first dibs on when you sell:
    STLE and Indiana Jones

If you need any assistance with a mortgage for purchasing a home or referrals for realtors or anything of the sort feel free to reach out, I have owned a mortgage company here for 15 years now and happy to help out

Welcome to CO!

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Elicash:

Buying pinballs here is another story. Get ready to pay more than Southern California.

Our prices aren't that high!denver.craigslist.org link

#8 5 years ago

Michael

Boulder is a FANTASTIC town and area!

I suggest hitting up some of the prominant places right out of the bat. Check out PressPlay and Lyons Classic Pinball to meet up with Ryan W and Kevin C.

Those guys are great and will get you hooked up with everything else in no time!

#9 5 years ago

Michael - welcome to the 'hood. Boulder can be polarizing - some like it, some don't and many make fun of it.

There are some great pinheads in the area & Colorado and there are some great pinball venues nearby as well.

Comet Pinball is local which is nice when you have an urgent LED order.

Conrad.

#10 5 years ago

Oh, how the hell did Boulder get so expensive!

There are many great reasons why it's expensive to live here.
    Welcome to Boulder, Michael. Give me a shout after you get settled.

Kim

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I suggest hitting up some of the prominant places right out of the bat. Check out PressPlay and Lyons Classic Pinball to meet up with Ryan W and Kevin C.

Those guys are great and will get you hooked up with everything else in no time!

+2 there, great guys and great pinball locations. So many in Denver metro area, list goes on and on. Make your way up to Fort Collins and check out both the Pinball Jones locations and make sure you meet Kim Jones who is an awesome lady and The Flipside in Loveland. Those are our northern CO highlights.

#12 5 years ago

Welcome! The Denver league is full but you can ask DNO to get on the waitlist. Boulder league started a think a week ago but you can probably still join. Ask ryanwanger . There are a bunch of tournaments coming up as well, great way to meet the local scene.
    -Dave

#13 5 years ago

Boulder's a cool town and CO's a great state. If I had to give up living in Seattle, they would be on my list for serious consideration to live in.

You might want to check out:

http://www.colorado-pinball.com/index.html

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-to-boulder-co and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.