6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by ToucanF16
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 months ago

Work will be in the 5 Points area with a desire to use MARTA and avoid highway congestion as much as possible. Can any of you folks suggest some of the safer/nicer areas to look at? I don't mind driving but would prefer not to have to park in 5 Points. Suburbs are fine and probably preferred.

Thanks!

#2 6 months ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Work will be in the 5 Points area with a desire to use MARTA and avoid highway congestion as much as possible. Can any of you folks suggest some of the safer/nicer areas to look at? I don't mind driving but would prefer not to have to park in 5 Points. Suburbs are fine and probably preferred.
    Thanks!

Pm sent

#3 6 months ago

Depending on your price range, Chamblee and Brookhaven are great places to be. Close to Marta as well. Lived there for several years and we loved that place so much, we’re moving back there next year.

#4 6 months ago

You will enjoy my parents basement.
    If you like pinball, drinks, and good food of course.
    Cool spot/bar for pinball.

1 month later
    #5 4 months ago

Atlanta is a seller's market currently. I had a handful of homes selected to look at and every friggin one of them went pending the week before we drove up. South of Atlanta is looking like it makes more sense for us, Fayeteville/McDonough areas. I wish I was making this move about 5 years ago. Home prices have really gone up.

#6 4 months ago

Yep....If you could live up 85 north and make an hour commute, I am building a house that would be perfect for you...

#7 4 months ago

Be careful at the drive thru

#8 4 months ago
    Quoted from midniight:

Be careful at the drive thru

Which one?

#9 4 months ago

avondale estates was very nice. so was dunwoody and decater ,used to love little 5 points.

#10 4 months ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

Yep....If you could live up 85 north and make an hour commute, I am building a house that would be perfect for you...

I would love to. We very much prefer the area north of Atlanta, but that commute is a killer.

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

avondale estates was very nice. so was dunwoody and decater ,used to love little 5 points.

The nicer parts of those places are so f'n expensive. Hell, the shitty parts of those places are too. I'm amazed. Atlanta used to be cheap. But when you have companies like Zillow buying homes and competing with people, the people get screwed.

We've toured a couple homes since yesterday. Beatiful 4 sided brick home, would have been perfect. It's trashed inside. There's moisture issues in the basement. It's a project. Looked at a newer home today (7 years old). It looks a lot better and it's in a nice gated community. I go to one of the closets. The light fixture looks odd to me. I tap it. It's full of water. These people want top dollar and they are living in this home. How the hell does the seller not know that and fix it or the selling agent for that matter? It's a total turn off to me as a buyer. The fan on the larger heat pump was way out of balance and has probably been like that for 7 years. What else is wrong?

#11 4 months ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I would love to. We very much prefer the area north of Atlanta, but that commute is a killer.

The nicer parts of those places are so f'n expensive. Hell, the shitty parts of those places are too. I'm amazed. Atlanta used to be cheap. But when you have companies like Zillow buying homes and competing with people, the people get screwed.
    We've toured a couple homes since yesterday. Beatiful 4 sided brick home, would have been perfect. It's trashed inside. There's moisture issues in the basement. It's a project. Looked at a newer home today (7 years old). It looks a lot better and it's in a nice gated community. I go to one of the closets. The light fixture looks odd to me. I tap it. It's full of water. These people want top dollar and they are living in this home. How the hell does the seller not know that and fix it or the selling agent for that matter? It's a total turn off to me as a buyer. The fan on the larger heat pump was way out of balance and has probably been like that for 7 years. What else is wrong?

Run away.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 103.00
    $ 14.95
    $ 44.99
    Cabinet Parts
    Pinball Inc
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 6.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Interactive
    Cobra Amusements
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 40.00
    Various Other Swag
    JK Pinball
    $ 75.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 53.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
    Flashinstinct
    $ 119.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside