(Topic ID: 189952)

Moving stickers from under playfield?

By alb0711

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2050 (resized).PNG
    IMG_5789 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider provato.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

A good way for removing and preserving these stickers is patience... and a hobby knife.
    Soak the hobby knife in white spirit (mineral spirit) and little by little try to lift them by applying a tiny bit of the liquid under the decal to dissolve the glue. Decals from this era must be chemical resistant. However I would try to see if white spirit lifts anything other than glue first (colour for example). If all the glue is dissolved, 3M adhesive transfer tape is your friend.

Another good way: After I found the right font of these stickers (helvetica) I recently prefer to make a nice clean version in photoshop and print them in vinyl decal paper. After that I spray them with acrylic clear, leave them for one day, and have new-looking decals the next day to put in my machine. Noone can tell the difference.

Btw, I'm a purist, I like things kept original, like you

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider provato.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-stickers-from-under-playfield?tu=provato and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.