40 days ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 days ago by RCA1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

screen_shot_2018-02-23_at_2.11.35_pm (resized).png

#1 40 days ago

Buying a 2 month old Munsters LE, friend helping me move it across town with his pickup. I am a little concerned about bumps and potholes along the way breaking part of the pin and/or shaking something loose.... was going to pad the pu bed with cushions from outdoor seating I have, lower head and strap it with blanket between it and body, remove legs (obviously)....
    any other suggestions on making this a smooth move? Am I being overly concerned?

#2 40 days ago

These games are made tough. They make it across the big pond in containers.
    Blanket wrap it. Place it on foam padding in truck bed. You will be fine , unless a sink hole episode happens.

#3 40 days ago

You should be fine doing a local transport in pick-up truck. Wrapping machine with shipping blankets is a good idea, so u dont scratch and scuff the main cabinet or the backbox.
    These machines are made tough, made to be transported, and made to be shaken by players. Yes, something can shake loose during transport. Not a big deal usually. You could possibly have to tighten something after transport after setting it back up. You can look in bottom of cabinet both before and after, look over playfield, both on topside and bottomside, both before and after, if you want to. You can look inside backbox and verify all connectors are pushed on fully.
    While driving, it makes sense to avoid local roads that you know are a total shitfest of potholes. In Louisiana for example, I try to steer around and avoid potholes while driving. Some roads here are worse than others.
    Enjoy your new Munsters game. Give us an update later, and post a few pics after you set it up and check it out and have played some games on it.

#4 40 days ago

Compared to the semi trucks and box trucks these things leave the factory in, a ride in a pickup is plush. Have no fear unless you are going off-roading, you will be fine.

#5 40 days ago

I have had a few machines I had to reseat connectors after a road trip, even in fairly plush riding conditions.

#6 40 days ago

Potholes in Florida? LOL! ok. I take it you haven't been to Michigan in the springtime...
    screen_shot_2018-02-23_at_2.11.35_pm (resized).png

#7 40 days ago

Thank you all for taking time to respond, much appreciated!

#8 39 days ago

Take the balls out to prevent them from flying around and damaging stuff.
    I have moved every one of my games in the back of my pickup (some farther than others) without damage.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 219.99
    $ 999.00
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 6,450.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 26.95
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 0.35
    $ 18.95
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside