(Topic ID: 216684)

Moving my game room in three weeks, any tips??

By Spencer

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3BADFB1A-2F8A-4D1B-9E0F-D359ED1FDBE9 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spencer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

We have been custom building a new house now for almost a year and we get the keys May 30th! While I am super stoked to move, I am not looking forward to moving 10 pins, 8 arcades and multiple other game room things... framed jerseys, glass cabinets, Mars attacks alien, life sized raptor, etc.

I've got 3 friends to help and a huge truck with an electric lift gate.

Any advise on how to make this go smoother?

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Willathrilla:

Sell all the pins....cheap.

Which ones do you want Will? lol

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ed209:

Hire a moving company. Instead of losing friends I just hired a few guys to move 15 pins downstairs to my new gameroom. I wrapped them all up before hand and sat back while they did all the heavy lifting. Even got them to help me set them up. Best decision I could have ever made.

Was quoted $3500-4000. I'm not cool with that.

I would much rather pay someone but not at that price.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Pay a few more guys to help. Either pay with cash, Pizza, beer- whatever it takes to make things go more quickly and hopefully easier on you. Congrats on the new home

Thankfully, two are personal trainers and the other works out daily. I kinda lucked out with these guys... one offered for free beer and pizza, the other 2 I'm paying. They are certainly capable of lifting/moving.

Thanks for the tips..

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

You can limit what they do. That sounds like a price for a comprehensive move.
    If you just ask them to move out games and furniture that has already been prepped/wrapped for moving, that would probably only be a few hundred bucks.

I had a guy, several people have used him. He usually charges $150 per pin. House to house move. So I asked him for a quote and he said $3500 probably more, not sure how that makes any sense but he is a dick for sure.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

"Moving my game room in three weeks, any tips??"
    Don't drop anything.

Thanks Captain Obvious.

#25 5 years ago

Thanks for the tips guy's. I'll make sure to have everything wrapped up and ready to go before hand. Unfortunately, I have 2 flights of stairs at both houses.

I'd prefer to pay someone, drink beer and watch as everyone suggests but alas I don't think that's going to happen.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh boy. That is definitely going to suck. Hopefully no 90 degree turns then.
    So go in pairs. One pair get a game out and into the truck. Next team tags in and does the next one while first two rest. Keep alternating. Add 100 beers to the equation and it will be done in no time !

Lol, not sure 100 beers would "help"

2 90 degrees coming out, 2 90 degrees going in. I cant wait.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

You didn’t factor this in when you were choosing houses?!? Man. We passed on every single house that didn’t have a walkout.

Of coarse it was number one on my list but a walkout required a different lot, which was $80k+ more. i elected to use that money on a 3 car garage and finishing the basement, including a bar and such. The games may go at some point, the value of my other options wont.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Right on. Opposite situation out our way. Walkouts are a plenty and just as cheap as other homes. Sounds like you have some awesome things planned. Exciting.

I do, thanks! The house is going to be amazing, once the games find a way in!

Edit: Got a little of topic and don't want it going there..

#35 5 years ago

I've asked for a few more quotes now, hopefully its more reasonable.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grangeomatic:

Hire movers. I just moved my house including 11 pins. Movers were awesome. They didn’t even use the Dolly’s on the stairs, they just carried them! New basement had 90 degree turn, no problem for them. Whole thing cost me under $1K. Best move ever.
    They referred to Road Show as “big mama” and Black Hole as “big blue”, but still carried them both! Impressive. No damage to pins or walls.
    Couldn’t recommend Two Men and a Truck more.
    Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

#43 5 years ago

Take the legs off for sure!

I contacted 4 companies yesterday, 2 said no way, I'll pass. 1 said no, then maybe, then texted me at 2 am some bullshit... He also sent me pictures of his dog, a selfie with his hat on sideways and road signs as he was driving... seems very professional, lol. The last, 2 men with a truck, waiting on. Hopefully that goes better.

#44 5 years ago

Just quoted $2100 plus tax. From 2 Men and a Truck. I'm going to jump on it and drink beer while watching.

1 month later
    #48 5 years ago

A bit late update. I did hire Two Men and a Truck. I wrapped all the games myself, although they said they would do it. Every pin arrived in 100% shape, only damage was minor on my NBA Jam and a broken glass door on a display cabinet. They did mark up the walls a bit in the new house but refunded me $350 to fix it. All in all, I'm happy I used them, the guys were really great and it saved my back and/or another surgery. Total cost was about $2500 and then refund of $350 to move about 25 overweight items. For about $100 an item, well worth it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spencer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-my-game-room-in-three-weeks-any-tips?tu=spencer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.