Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MrBally
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

immagine-arredamento-edificio-tromba-delle-scale-3_(resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Hello,

how to move a pinball machine down a rounded staircase? It's only one floor, and the stairs are circular (see picture taken from web - the real one is less steep and bit wider). The staircase is quite wide, but not enough to keep the machine in orizontal position, so to it's needed to keep it in vertical position

How to move the machine in this way? Are some tools needed?

immagine-arredamento-edificio-tromba-delle-scale-3_(resized).jpgimmagine-arredamento-edificio-tromba-delle-scale-3_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

I'd take the game down in pieces - cab, pf and head separately. I have to do this on all my games because of a narrow hallway. Plus, it makes it all lighter and easier to maneuver. Then you get to thoroughly inspect all the connectors when you put it all back together.

#3 7 years ago

With the head taken off (or folded, but I have less experience in that area, heavy as hell though probably): Lift the back of the machine up with a buddy (or stool), take back legs off, set on the ground.

Now with it on an extreme angle, tip the machine up the rest of the way so the coin door is parallel to the ceiling. This will make taking the front legs off a breeze.

With the legs off and the machine in the correct position, handtruck the machine down the stairs. Preferably with an appliance dolly with a strap and a friend standing below you pushing on the back of the machine so it doesn't slam down each stair.

#4 7 years ago

I would use an appliance dolly and a buddy. Take your time.....itll be fine

#5 7 years ago

Handtrucks and appliance dollies don't do well with stairs like these. One wheel goes first because of the wedged shaped stairs and the game wants to tilt. Much easier with a couple friends on each side carrying the game down the stairs. Have fun!

#6 7 years ago

Take the balls out before moving!

#7 7 years ago

I would disassemble the machine - remove backbox, take the playfield out. Then it's no problem anymore and 2 persons can safely bring it downstairs, depending on how strong you are and if you want to take the risk you could do it alone (I've done it similar alone..)

#8 7 years ago

I have 4 3/8-16 eye bolts that I screw in to the leg bolt holes. They make great handles or a place to tie a rope to make a handle at a better height. If you have a reasonably strong friend two people can move the machine. I have also used the leg bolts extended a bit with a washer and tied a rope around them for a handle.

#9 7 years ago

Find 2 large men or 3 small ones.

#10 7 years ago

I always position my wife at the bottom!

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

I prefer my wife on top...

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Quoted from bonzo442:
    I prefer my wife on top.

Odd - I prefer your wife on top too!

#13 7 years ago

I've moved a Bally Circus down a staircase like that using my Lectro-Truck stair climbing dolly.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-machine-in-vertical-position and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.