Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dozer1
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2030_Winder_Stairss.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

I have an Escalera. I just took my Getaway up the stairs all by myself, it's nice to have the flexibility.

Some of the guys around here have the Lectrotruck which works as well.

However, the Lectrotruck is a lot heavier and harder to lug than the Escalera.

I've had all 3 sizes of Escalera, 60" - 72" The 60" is great for pins, the 72" was a pain because it barely fit in my car.

It takes practice though, you still have to be very careful.

#16 10 years ago

They don't have to be. I've been through four of them now. The latest pickup was about a month ago, I got a MS-60 (60") for $350 and that included the cost of a brand new battery and charger direct through Escalera. If you are looking for an Escalera used, one great tip is that the first two numbers of the serial number is the year it was manufacutred. Currently, my MS-60 is from 1995, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy an older Escalera. Previously I bought an MS-72 with a big wheel attachment for $900 (72"). At 72" it barely fit in my SUV, I had to move the passanger seat all the way up so I couldn't go on pickups with a passanger.

Also, the other issue with 72" is if you are picking up a game and they have a wall at the top of the stairs, it's doable but a pain. For pins, I'd go with the 60"

Maybe someone can chime in on how good a 60" is if you have arcades as well.

Some of the REALLY old models I wouldn't buy only have one foot for lifting to the next stair, but I've never even seen one of those but I'd avoid them.

These things are built like tanks, used is the way to go.

Quoted from brmorr:

They are definitely spendy

#24 10 years ago

So the MS-60 would work well for hauling a Gauntlet Legends? It would be good to know, I just figured I'd sell the game with the house

Quoted from Monster_Bash:

I bought a M60 from Mike about a year ago. I pulled 40ish arcade games out of my basement by myself including a full size skee ball machine... with a blown out left knee.

It handled a pair of Daytona Twins with no problem. We did have a problem getting them out but it was because of a steel beam.. and not the dolly. Dropping them in the new basement was real easy.

On the actual moving day my buddy pulled all 16 pins out of the basement by himself with the Escalera...and a few days later put them in the new house for me (stupid knee).

I actually configured the basement to put in a small elevator in the future. But with the dolly I probably won't do that. The elevator certainly won't help me removing a pin somewhere else

The Escalera was a life saver for me during my recent move. There's no way I could have made the move it without it

#26 10 years ago

I don't know I fell into a MS-60 and I was looking for feedback.

Quoted from flipnout1:

The MS-60 is the same price as a MS-66 or a MS-72. I would suggest a taller one for vids but you know what will work for you. Let me know if I can help.

Larry
    flipnoutpinball.com

#31 10 years ago

The problem with the wench is that it doesn't work when you go to pick up a game

Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Any down and dirty welding shop can put one of these together. As I recall, the sled and bracket cost $150-$175 and the HF winch was under $100.

The good thing about the sled vs a hand truck is that the sled is very smooth, spreads the load over about 5 or 6 stairs so it doesn't jack up the carpet. And once at the top, you can just slide it to wherever you want it. The teflon makes it very easy.

If you do try this, you want to hang the winch at a height that results in the cable being just about an inch above the treads of the stairs. If too high, it will bounce it's way up, if too low, the cable will damage the stairs.

1 month later
    #51 10 years ago

Escalera's take a lot of practice, but once you figure out how to do it, it's quite easy.

When you go up to the next step, and the upward force lurches the game forward, don't use strength to hold it back. As the feet are coming up and around to the next step, pull the game back just a little bit and weight the feet. Once all the weight is transfered from the wheels to the feet it's a very smooth ride to the next step after that.

Quoted from ek77:

Used a Escalera for the first time today still not easy moving a 250 lb game I could not have done it alone otherwise. Woo Hoo new Stern ST Pro in the house

#55 10 years ago

I paid $350 for mine and that included brand new battery and charger direct through Escalera. The deals are out there if you look for them.

Quoted from 1BADTA:

I just call my sons friends over and we carry!! Seems like a lot of money to spend for a hand truck...

#59 10 years ago

Er. I should clarify. I paid $150 for the dolly used 2nd hand, and paid another $150 for the battery and charger through Escalera.

They are out there to be had cheap if you keep your eyes open.

Quoted from 1BADTA:

I'll take one at that price!!!!! Ley me know...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-games-up-stairs?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.