Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dozer1
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2030_Winder_Stairss.jpg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

Escalera's take a lot of practice, but once you figure out how to do it, it's quite easy.

When you go up to the next step, and the upward force lurches the game forward, don't use strength to hold it back. As the feet are coming up and around to the next step, pull the game back just a little bit and weight the feet. Once all the weight is transfered from the wheels to the feet it's a very smooth ride to the next step after that.

Quoted from ek77:

Used a Escalera for the first time today still not easy moving a 250 lb game I could not have done it alone otherwise. Woo Hoo new Stern ST Pro in the house

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Escalera's take a lot of practice, but once you figure out how to do it, it's quite easy.
    When you go up to the next step, and the upward force lurches the game forward, don't use strength to hold it back. As the feet are coming up and around to the next step, pull the game back just a little bit and weight the feet. Once all the weight is transfered from the wheels to the feet it's a very smooth ride to the next step after that.

I was caught off guard when the game moved forward but with a pause and then tipping the game back got it all under control.

#53 10 years ago

I just call my sons friends over and we carry!! Seems like a lot of money to spend for a hand truck...

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from Choggard:

Two floor arcade! That's hilarious! You must be a single guy or going through a divorce.. Lol

No to both, she's actually told me I can use the dining room for games. I've resisted that...for now.

#55 10 years ago

I paid $350 for mine and that included brand new battery and charger direct through Escalera. The deals are out there if you look for them.

Quoted from 1BADTA:

I just call my sons friends over and we carry!! Seems like a lot of money to spend for a hand truck...

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from Choggard:

Take a picture of that.. I am can't seem to picture what a hoist attach to a door would look like..

Not attached to a door. Attached to bottom of Joists in garage in line with garage door and basement door to house via beezeway. I can take a pin up or down the stairs easily. It also lifts the machine out of a truck and lowers one into a truck. Just strap Pin into Dolly and attach hoist cable to dolly and have you buddy or wife cntrol the hoist as you guide it up or down the stairs. Fraction of the cost of an escalera, twice as safe, and does more.
    The only thing a spendy Escalera will do that a Hoist cant is go mobile. It does the trick at the home front however.

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I paid $350 for mine and that included brand new battery and charger direct through Escalera. The deals are out there if you look for them.

I'll take one at that price!!!!! Ley me know...

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from 1BADTA:

Even at full retail, it's a small price to pay if it saves you from back surgery.

#59 10 years ago

Er. I should clarify. I paid $150 for the dolly used 2nd hand, and paid another $150 for the battery and charger through Escalera.

They are out there to be had cheap if you keep your eyes open.

Quoted from 1BADTA:

I'll take one at that price!!!!! Ley me know...

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Here's how I did it...I had the bracket that holds the winch fabbed up. Installed 4 hanger bolts into studs next to the door opening. The studs protrude about 3/8" when the bracket is removed. Had the sled fabbed as well, and covered the bottom with a sheet of industrial peel and stick teflon. This obviously only works for a straight up staircase, but it is so good, I sold the Escalera.
    http://s298.photobucket.com/user/jgrenuk/library/JoesPinballEscalator?sort=6&page=1

Ok Joe,you and I are on the same page,but I currently just attach the winch/Hoist to a dolly and let it do all the work.
    Wondering what keeps the Pin on your sled from sliding off?

#61 10 years ago

I modded this big wheel handcart from Harbor freight because I needed to get my Taxi up the stairs from my basement. I wish I had a pic of a pin on it with the red handles installed. Anyone who was used it with me cannot believe how slick it works. It makes a big wheel barrow out of your pin. Still it is a 2 man job to climb or go down stairs. DO NOT TRY THAT ALONE. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/modified-cheap-hand-truck-makes-decent-pinball-dolly

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-games-up-stairs/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.