4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 months ago

My sister has a 2 year old who has been diagnosed with autism. I took him down to my machines, as he reacts to music and lights. He got the most excited we have ever seen him when he was on a stool watching us play Freedom. He kinda got the point of the buttons making the flippers work but they are too far apart as he is a small 2 year old. She wanted to know if I could move the buttons. Which I know I can do, that is not the problem. I am wondering if anyone has done this in a fashion that does not ruin the game, I.E. drilling in cabinet or lock down bar.

I was considering getting an additional lock down bar and adding a box to it with the buttons on it, then wiring it to the existing flipper wires. with a connector so, I can switch back and forth.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated!!!

#2 4 months ago

Shouldn't be too hard to wire in a second set of wires going to the flipper buttons. Make a little wooden box, stick the buttons on the side, run the wire in the coin door or something?

#3 4 months ago

zacaj that is what I was thinking, just trying to figure out how to mount it so its not sliding all over the place. I will mess with it over this long weekend.

#4 4 months ago

Velcro makes a pretty stong hold material with an adhesive backing. You could mount it to the lock bar or even glass. Easy to clean adhesive off those surfaces if it did get messy. Wires through coin return- should be easy to do and sounds like an awesome project.

#5 4 months ago

Perhaps make a box with a couple thin metal straps coming out from under the lock bar using the lock bar to hold them in place. Or mounting the box with coin door screws so when removed you have done no long term damage to your machine. Then use some Velcro to make a more solid feel if necessary.. Remember to round off the sharp corners & edges on the wooden box a little to make things a little safer.

With the wooden box idea you could even add buttons to both the ends of the box & top of the box having two different ways to control flippers.

#6 4 months ago

I was thinking just make a little controller type box that could be held in your hands

#7 4 months ago

Good for you on trying to help!

Perhaps a pipe clamp on either side of the lockbar might help. Felt attached to the insides of the clamp so it doesn't scratch. Remote flipper button box attached to the "pipe" on the lock bar.

#8 4 months ago

Different situation, I realize, but this thread had a lot of good ideas as I recall.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-armed-pinball-i-mean-it

#9 4 months ago

What about wiring both flippers to one button? I know it makes the flipper action bogus, but probably good enough for a two year old.

#10 4 months ago
    Quoted from Pinbee:

Different situation, I realize, but this thread had a lot of good ideas as I recall.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-armed-pinball-i-mean-it

I agree. This has a lot of good ideas. @pinball419 your awesome for doing this. Does he have a favorite machine? You should let him decorate whatever you decide making after your done with it.

#11 4 months ago

I like @too-many-pins idea use 4 different color buttons lighted would be better. What kid can not want to hit lit buttons or even flashing ones.

#12 4 months ago

Not sure how to do it, but what about a magnetic contraption that would just stick to the lockdown bar when needed, and would remove quickly. Maybe some magnetic connectors as well..

#13 4 months ago
    Quoted from Leachdude:

Not sure how to do it, but what about a magnetic contraption that would just stick to the lockdown bar when needed, and would remove quickly. Maybe some magnetic connectors as well..

I've been wondering about this myself. Seem alike it should be possible to make a 'surface mount' button that doesn't go into the bar at all and just stick in on. Travel might be reduced a bit but

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.95
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 209.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 34.99
    Cleaner
    Pinball Pro
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside