(Topic ID: 232911)

Moving an insert between playfields?

By harryhoudini

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have a donor playfield for my JP which is missing the "S" insert (everything else is really nice condition, even came with the rails on it). On my original playfield I'd like to remove the S insert and swap it over. I assume they are expoxied/glued in and it might be a tough thing to remove without breaking. Any hints or tips? My one thought is to cut with an xacto blade around it and see if I can nudge it out. If not then maybe cutting the wood around it as I am not needing to save the old playfield.

#2 5 years ago

I think the method is to use a hestgun and warm the glue and tap it out from the bottom.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I think the method is to use a hestgun and warm the glue and tap it out from the bottom.

Thanks!

#4 5 years ago

Posts #15 and #23 have insert removal tips: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration#post-548585

The best tip I have is make sure a replacement is available in case you break it. Pinball Life carries a lot of them.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Posts #15 and #23 have insert removal tips: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-ultimate-playfield-restoration#post-548585
The best tip I have is make sure a replacement is available in case you break it. Pinball Life carries a lot of them.

Thanks! I guess I would need a replacement and the decal that goes on it. I should look actually, thanks.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I would need a replacement and the decal that goes on it.

Other posts in vid1900 's thread above go into detail about making your own waterslide decals, matching the font, etc.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Other posts in vid1900 's thread above go into detail about making your own waterslide decals, matching the font, etc.

Thanks, I've actually looked in to that post before when I was going to restore the original playfield this is swapping with. Such a lot of work, it seems, that I can hopefully avoid

#8 5 years ago

At the very least try to take a Few really high res pics of the insert you are removing just in case the art is lost. Then you could possibly go the water slide route in a pinch. I have removed insert in the past just take your time and use the heat slowly.

#9 5 years ago

Thanks... I actually have a bad playfield I am going to attempt on first, as well. But pics are a great idea, I already looked for decals and don't see anyone that sells them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-an-insert-between-playfields and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.