Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Drivehud
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20191021_140732 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drivehud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I'm sure this is asked from time to time, but I couldn't find anything on this specifically. Is there any issue flipping a machine upside down to move? I need to get one into a game room from a narrow hallway, and I'll need to stand it on end to do so.

This would be my first table, so any info and opinions would be appreciated.

ty!

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from jester523:

They are meant to stand on their back (back of the pinball machine on the floor). The little plastic things to sit on. But do you mean the glass side face down? That I don't know about. Either way, take out the balls before moving.

I mean if I stood it upright on the backglass. In other words if you grabbed it from the front of the machine and picked it straight up until the front of the machine was at the top most in the air. Still not sure if I'm describing right lol... but hope that makes sense. This seems like the only way to fit it since I'm going from hallway to doorway.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from jester523:

[quoted image] So, yeah, you can fold down the back box, secure it, pic above was shrink wrap. Take off the back legs, flip it up, then take off the front legs. You can use a hand truck to move.

Awesome... yeah, this is exactly what I need to do, and I didn't want to assume anything. So that pic sums it up lol. ty!

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

What pin? Heads fold down on modern pins. Designed to stand on backside with coin door facing up. If necessary, you can remove the head but a little more work disconnecting all the connectors. Take the balls out before moving. They can get loose and cause damage. Look for videos on youtube on transporting pins. Pins can be extremely heavy so be careful and get help if possible.

It's an older Williams pin... high speed.

And yes, there will be help, ty.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

High Speed definitely has head that will fold down. You may need to remove head bolts that secure the head in the up position. They are located inside the head on the bottom behind speaker panel. Keys for backslash are usually hanging by hook on inside of coindoor. Use towel, cardboard, or something to slide between head folded down and glass. This prevents head and/or trim damage. Use ratchet strap or plastic wrap to keep head secured down. Hand truck best way to move.
    You can find measurements online hopefully and determine if it will fit through your narrow hallway. If you do have to take head off, label all connectors where they go. All have a number on the board where they plug into. Write that number on the side of the connector with sharpie.

Awesome... appreciate it, and will do. ty.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drivehud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-a-pin-2?tu=drivehud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.