Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by VALIS666
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20201029-163700_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    IMG_20201019_175722 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20201019_175759 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

How do you all move your machines around if needed. I saw a cart at harbor freight that raises about 24”. Looking for some ideas. Thanks, Joe

#2 3 years ago

As someone who just moved about 15 pins across a basement and through very tight spots in the last few days, if I didn't have one of those Harbor Freight lift tables I'd be both divorced and in traction by now. Very recommended for moving and re-arranging in-house.

#3 3 years ago

Which one do you have?

#4 3 years ago

I can also vouch for the harbor freight table. I think I have the lower capacity one of the 2 available. I used a pipe bender to bend the handle at about 45 degrees to get it out of the way but still have it useable. Works great

#5 3 years ago

Does it lift it just enough to get the legs off the ground?

#6 3 years ago

I’ve never tested it’s upper limit, lifts more than enough to get it off the floor

#7 3 years ago

Thankyou all very much. I’m going to look into it

#10 3 years ago

If you don't mind spending more money, you can get one at Northern Tool and Supply, Part 57756, that is very nice:
    https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200696310_200696310
    This one is good for 1000 pounds and will lift pretty high.
    They also have a 500 pound model, but I thought this model was better.
    IMG_20201019_175722 (resized).jpgIMG_20201019_175722 (resized).jpgIMG_20201019_175759 (resized).jpgIMG_20201019_175759 (resized).jpg

#11 3 years ago

This heavy duty lift was worth every penny. I’d totally buy it again.

#12 3 years ago

This what I use to move games around by myself. Easy to push by myself.
    https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PBS

ebay.com link: Pair of Pinball Skates Dolly Mover Lift Pin Pinskates Wheels Moving Casters

Screenshot_20201029-163700_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201029-163700_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #13 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darkwing:

This heavy duty lift was worth every penny. I’d totally buy it again.

I've got this one (or similar) and it works great.

If you are just occasionally moving a machine I will sometimes just use a set of those plastic furniture/carpet sliders. If you aren't doing it frequently that could be an inexpensive option.

#14 3 years ago

I recently got a pair of pin skates, and have been loving them for moving games around. Just make sure you wrap something around the lever part that hooks to the leg so it doesn’t scratch them.

Was on the fence between the lift cart and the skates. Went with skates because space is limited, and prefer not to have stuff stored under my games.

#15 3 years ago

Those HF tables take up too much room IMO. I use those small furnature
    dolleys. There is probably a name for them but they are metal doohickeys
    with three wheels on each one. Use four of these, one under each leg, to
    move pins around.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

If you don't mind spending more money, you can get one at Northern Tool and Supply, Part 57756, that is very nice:
    https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200696310_200696310
    This one is good for 1000 pounds and will lift pretty high.
    They also have a 500 pound model, but I thought this model was better.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

If you are going to be moving a lot of pins, I think it’s worth it to spend more on a lift cart that raises the games higher. I have one that can lift games about a foot off the ground. Unlike my old one which lifted games about 2 inches off the ground.

No more dragging cords, etc.

#17 3 years ago

If you have the room get a HF cart. If you have the money, get the pinball dolly.

Skates and other devices work, but you usually have to get under the machine and lift it to put them on. They also don't help when you assemble/remove legs.

Modify the HF cart to eliminate the handle and it fits under the machines and stores more easily.

#18 3 years ago

However I can! Table lift, pinball skate, pinball jack, furniture sliders or rollers, hand truck, couple buddies... as long as there are no stairs involved lol.

#19 3 years ago

Depending on how many pins you have, may help in your decision as to what to buy. How many pins do you have?

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bohdi:

Depending on how many pins you have, may help in your decision as to what to buy. How many pins do you have?

Also depends on how much room you have. I had a harbor freight cart at my old house with a big basement, this house has small dedicated room that can only fit 5 pins So I use furniture sliders. Works great!

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tinman761:

Which one do you have?

The 1000lb. model. Not sure it's necessary over the 500lb. model, but it was either on sale or we had a coupon or something that brought the price down about 50 bucks, so why not.

As far as how high it can raise, I don't know for sure as most of my pins are in a basement that varies between about 7-9 feet in places so I only make the back legs come up an inch or two, but you can get the back legs up at least 6 inches, I'd guess. Probably more.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/moving-a-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.