Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jp1985
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hey there, so I just took the plunge and bought my first pinball machine! It's a Data East Jurassic Park which I will be picking up on Tuesday. My question is regarding transportation on how I'll be getting it home into my house.

I've been searching on this forum and have seen threads that indicate my 2016 Outback won't work for this. Curious if anyone knows if a newer Toyota Rav4 will fit the machine? I've seen that most models fit pinball machines, but was just unsure because of how big the Data East backboxes are. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Secondary (and tertiary) question. Would two fit guys be able to lift it and carry it out, or is it needed to get a handcart? Lastly, should I take the glass out when folding down the backbox for transportation, or no need to?

Appreciate all the help, can't wait to get this thing in my house!

#2 1 year ago

Depends on how strong the 2 guys are. I’ve never needed a hand cart for any of mine.

#3 1 year ago

From pinwiki:

RAV4 (2013) - Fist most pins, including Gottlieb System 3.

Rav4 (2005-2015) - Fits most pins.

RAV4 (2007) - Easily handles modern games including space for an appliance dolly, after folding down the rear seats. Haven't tried NIB. Very flat entry and mostly flat floor (except for a little bump where the seats fold) so easy to load and unload, even by yourself.

Rav4 (Unspecified year) - Must remove rear seats.

#4 1 year ago

To really fit guys could probably carry this pin. However, if the distance is very long, uneven, etc, I would use a hand cart.

When I fold down the back box, I always put some kind of cushion between the back box and Playfield glass. I do not take out the back glass.

Also be sure to remove the ball and anything else that is loose tin the cabinet.

#5 1 year ago

I reccomend placing something soft between the head and side rails then strap the head to hold it in place. If you use a hand truck, you won't have to worry about the head falling down.

#6 1 year ago

Will fit Data east have a bigger head but the body is not as tall as Stern are ,we have a GMG terrain and the first time I picked up my Stern FG I thought it would fit with lots of room it was sooooooo tight in there ,and when I pick up my Data east GNR it's a big pin and had lots of room weird but it's true

#7 1 year ago

I’ve seen pictures of people who have been able to fit games into the newest rav4, and I’ve personally moved several large games in the older rav4 (the previous gen).

You’re definitely going to want a hand truck. You can probably deadlift it, but it’s not worth the hassle or risk. Get some ratcheting straps, cardboard or moving blanket, and put that between the head and cabinet before lowering. No need to remove the glass, but definitely remove the balls from the game. Otherwise they’ll bounce around and break things.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from BleacherBum:

To really fit guys could probably carry this pin. However, if the distance is very long, uneven, etc, I would use a hand cart.
When I fold down the back box, I always put some kind of cushion between the back box and Playfield glass. I do not take out the back glass.
Also be sure to remove the ball and anything else that is loose tin the cabinet.

Those water noodles work great.

#9 1 year ago

This is all extremely helpful. Seems like the Rav4 will do and also was planning on putting a towel or blanket between the glass and backglass, so we're set. Going to get ratchet set and a hand truck just to be safe.

Going to be a tough 48hrs wait!

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

This is all extremely helpful. Seems like the Rav4 will do and also was planning on putting a towel or blanket between the glass and backglass, so we're set. Going to get ratchet set and a hand truck just to be safe.
Going to be a tough 48hrs wait!

Put both a Towel and cardboard works well and strap it down and take the balls out with coin box if it has one

#11 1 year ago

If it has a topper on it, make sure you take that off when you're moving the game so you don't damage it.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

From pinwiki:
RAV4 (2013) - Fist most pins, including Gottlieb System 3.
Rav4 (2005-2015) - Fits most pins.
RAV4 (2007) - Easily handles modern games including space for an appliance dolly, after folding down the rear seats. Haven't tried NIB. Very flat entry and mostly flat floor (except for a little bump where the seats fold) so easy to load and unload, even by yourself.
Rav4 (Unspecified year) - Must remove rear seats.

I moved a SC in a 2017 Rav4. Back seats folded down. The roof was very snug.

#13 1 year ago

Uh oh Safe Cracker being snug makes me a little nervous because that's a much smaller machine right? Maybe it's just shorter and not so much different taller?

Confirmed with my buddy that he has a 2018 Rav4

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Uh oh Safe Cracker being snug makes me a little nervous because that's a much smaller machine right? Maybe it's just shorter and not so much different taller?

Yea u will be fine when putting it in the RAV4 make sure u put the machine in back of the machine in first this is easyer too take it out when u get home and u don't reck the front of Cab and good idea too put down cardboard under the machine so it slides way easyer

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from ZAuxier:

Well its small in length but the head is much deeper. The head was the tough part.

The 2019 seems smaller in back but I have yet to try to fit one in that model.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside