• Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
D57339A5-E047-44C9-B6A7-4E38E2C8D28B (resized).jpeg
8A08B929-223E-4F33-8A71-F833513B9A07 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I love my popcorn machine, and got a lot of good recommendations from the earlier mentioned thread. Here is what I use, minimal upkeep, great popcorn everytime:
Machine - amazon.com link »
Popcorn/oil/salt - amazon.com link »
Extra seasoning - amazon.com link »
Butter type topping (really makes it taste like the theaters) - amazon.com link »
I sprinkle a bit of extra seasoning, then use a squirt bottle for the butterish liquid

Dude that fake butter topping is like liquid death. I'd avoid that shit.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from Jman44:

I have a small 4oz movie theater style popper, works good but it has never produced movie theater quality popcorn... until today. I have always wondered why theater popcorn has that perfect cruchiness to it but I couldn't replicate it at home.
Many will say it is about the oil temperature not being hot enough but that is only a very small part of the problem. Theaters actually have "popcorn conditioners"(the display case) that they put their popcorn in. It blows hot air over the popcorn to keep it warm but more importantly to crisp it up perfectly crunchy.
I don't have a "popcorn conditioner" nor do I really want to buy one, but I do have a common alternative though. An air fryer. I put my freshly popped popcorn or even day old popcorn in the air fryer for a few minutes and it gives it that perfect crunch I was desiring.

This is amazing. i literally bought my commercial popper just to be able to make my popcorn less chewy and while improved it still isn't perfect. I'm totally going to try this.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/movie-theater-popcorn-poppers?tu=Deez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.