Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Flowst
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D2FF9C2A-6F99-44B5-8D15-1428A3064DAF (resized).jpeg
    5FB06E68-9747-46DF-B901-72216AE6D833 (resized).png
    tron2 (resized).jpg
    tron (resized).jpg
    missilecommand (resized).jpg
    firefoxsmall (resized).jpg
    firefoxbig (resized).jpg
    alien (resized).jpg
    tron3c (resized).jpg
    tron3b (resized).jpg
    tron3a (resized).jpg
    tempest (resized).jpg
    space ace (resized).jpg
    roadrunner (resized).jpg
    red baron (resized).jpg
    pole position (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

First off, obvious apologies as I am sure this thread will have appeared a few times elsewhere.
    I have read and viewed the amazing home theaters you guys have created. I am both jealous and inspired.

I have a 12 foot hallway leading away from the pins, that goes to a bar and home theater area.
    Ideally, I can put up 5 or 6 movie posters alone in that corridor.
    What I am having difficulty in doing, is finding a reputable vendor who sells proper sized movie posters (27 x 41), which will be framed.
    Quality is a must. I will not be able to wire for the amazing digital posters you have shown earlier, so standard hard print and framed will have to do.

Can any of you help me locate a place to shop and buy?

Appreciation to all who read the thread, more so in any assistance you can offer. I will try to post pictures at a later date as more is completed; the bar is under construction.

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Quality is a must. I will not be able to wire for the amazing digital posters you have shown earlier, so standard hard print and framed will have to do.

If you aren’t backlighting them you don’t need 2 sided=cheaper. I’ve bought half dozen off ebay with good results. I have backlit theater boxes hardwired.

#3 4 years ago

There are also plug in backlit boxes but they have wire and laptop type power supply showing

#4 4 years ago

The absolute best place I have found to get original movie posters is FFF Posters on eBay. Their prices are fair for what they have and they always under-promise and over-deliver on condition. They only deal in 100% verified real posters.

#5 4 years ago

They have a website too:

https://fffmovieposters.com/

#6 4 years ago

http://www.emovieposter.com/

Much cheaper and more chances to get some A titles. Mostly all originals.

#7 4 years ago

I mainly get mine off craigslist Facebook, etc. It is definitely worth backlighting them as they look great lit up and are double sided printed for that reason. The snap frame on amazon works perfectly if you are going to make your own backlit box.

3C3B3C43-3C7B-43E8-8C3E-FD8FF6D3A573 (resized).jpeg3C3B3C43-3C7B-43E8-8C3E-FD8FF6D3A573 (resized).jpeg
    #8 4 years ago

Another option would be to install some flat screen tvs and put the movie poster app on them. That way you can have any poster you want on demand.

https://movieposterapp.com/index.html

#9 4 years ago

I use snaplock frames from BASS Industries. The are proper/official size and allow you to easily change out posters.

http://www.bassind.com/graphic-display-systems/movie-theater-displays/poster-frames/

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

snaplock frames

I use these too, but I didn't get them from that company. I found the cheapest option on the net because I'm sure they're all manufactured in the same Chinese factory somewhere.

They look nice.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

http://www.emovieposter.com/
    Much cheaper and more chances to get some A titles. Mostly all originals.

These ones are cool - especially the Sin Dios one.

Who wants some mainstream stuff everyone else has up on your wall? Go cool!

rd

2E4BB706-928F-4E2B-B331-09184305F167 (resized).png2E4BB706-928F-4E2B-B331-09184305F167 (resized).png
    #12 4 years ago

I found this cool shop in Virginia City, Nevada ... an old gold mining town from the 1880s.

100s of repro movie posters.

I bought half a dozen for my theatre, all old B movie ones from the 50s and 60s. Movies you’d see on Svengoolie. Pretty cool. $19 each.

Hey, not originals ... but nobody I know would know the difference, or be impressed if they were. Haha!

rd

https://barefoot-boy.myshopify.com/collections/movies-27-x-40?sort_by=manual

#13 4 years ago

Op are you looking to buy newer posters or older ones? I collect a lot of posters and was thinking about starting a thread here to buy/sell/trade and talk about about them, didn’t know if there was one already but I’ve noticed a lot of guys here collect posters as well. But if there is any particular posters you are looking for we might can help you out.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from KongDonkey:

Op are you looking to buy newer posters or older ones? I collect a lot of posters and was thinking about starting a thread here to buy/sell/trade and talk about about them, didn’t know if there was one already but I’ve noticed a lot of guys here collect posters as well. But if there is any particular posters you are looking for we might can help you out.

That would be awesome.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

These ones are cool - especially the Sin Dios one.
    Who wants some mainstream stuff everyone else has up on your wall? Go cool!
    rd[quoted image]

I've used Bruce for years. He's a bit of a salesman, but he's accurate and honest with the condition and does a great job in identifying fakes. If you are into older posters, the forgery market is/was huge. Especially the older Star Wars films. He does get really cool and unusual posters to movies I've never heard of. The art on some of these is amazing.

#17 4 years ago

I really enjoy alternative movie posters: https://www.redbubble.com/shop/alternative+movie+posters

149566F3-E77D-4F4B-BCBD-9DB252B00179 (resized).jpeg149566F3-E77D-4F4B-BCBD-9DB252B00179 (resized).jpeg
    #18 4 years ago

I have purchased quite a few posters from fff. They are great. When you start purchasing posters beware of sizes. Traditional one-sheets used to be 27”X41”. Sometime in the mid-90’s they changed the standard to 27”X40”. True one-sheets we’re almost always folded. Not too many were rolled when they left the printer. The first picture is 27”X40”. The second is 27”X41”. Apart you can’t see the size difference. If you put them on the same wall you will see the difference.

66F2176E-073B-4F17-A82D-CE50A16BB69A (resized).jpeg66F2176E-073B-4F17-A82D-CE50A16BB69A (resized).jpegCB3C2821-0592-4D62-AF6D-7E0724F84C2B (resized).jpegCB3C2821-0592-4D62-AF6D-7E0724F84C2B (resized).jpeg
    #19 4 years ago

Here’s another couple pics just for the heck of it.

28E529BB-D317-4BB8-A595-589ABA61B95E (resized).jpeg28E529BB-D317-4BB8-A595-589ABA61B95E (resized).jpeg365F5318-AFDA-441B-A638-5DC367BADE7B (resized).jpeg365F5318-AFDA-441B-A638-5DC367BADE7B (resized).jpeg611CD5A8-3BB3-4595-8B78-38B596358F50 (resized).jpeg611CD5A8-3BB3-4595-8B78-38B596358F50 (resized).jpeg
    #20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deezer5150:

I have purchased quite a few posters from fff. They are great. When you start purchasing posters beware of sizes. Traditional one-sheets used to be 27”X41”. Sometime in the mid-90’s they changed the standard to 27”X40”. True one-sheets we’re almost always folded. Not too many were rolled when they left the printer. The first picture is 27”X40”. The second is 27”X41”. Apart you can’t see the size difference. If you put them on the same wall you will see the difference.[quoted image][quoted image]

Love the American Pop poster. Saw that on HBO way back in the day.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Love the American Pop poster. Saw that on HBO way back in the day.

Glad you like it. Most people have no idea that movie even exists.

#22 4 years ago

I got my $19 Virginia City posters back from the framers today.

Needless to say, the framing cost a shit load more than the posters did! lol! Mainly because they are an odd size. All our standard frames here are A0, A1, A2 etc etc.

But they came up really cool. Very happy with them.

rd

574B06AF-6DF0-4796-B488-6D818D9F255B (resized).jpeg574B06AF-6DF0-4796-B488-6D818D9F255B (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #23 4 years ago
    CA98C91D-CF03-4153-B9E8-DF2FA1094975 (resized).jpegCA98C91D-CF03-4153-B9E8-DF2FA1094975 (resized).jpegED1078A8-E6C2-4E7F-8251-26D6FE1B4D34 (resized).jpegED1078A8-E6C2-4E7F-8251-26D6FE1B4D34 (resized).jpeg
    #24 4 years ago

Those look sweet. I used to work at a theater when I was a teenager and have a bunch of stuff. Mostly mylars, but some posters. Also some lobby banners. Would love to find a place to unload it. Not even looking for a lot of cash (since I have a lot of B/C/D titles).

1567271708246681273912945242705 (resized).jpg1567271708246681273912945242705 (resized).jpg
    #25 4 years ago

I had michaels frame a bunch of my arcade posters. they did something called a preservation mount. Some were wrinkled a bit, but they turned out pretty good. they custom framed the star wars and the joust. they made masks for the roadrunner hand drawn and star trek.

I drove to la to have my movie posters framed at www.hollywoodposterframes.com(they did alien and tron, and few odd sized arcade posters I had).

locally, aaron brothers was the only place I could find that sold nice 27x41 in stock frames. I used them to frame up my don bluth dragons lair and space ace posters.

I have about 2 dozen more posters I want to do up, but I am sort of out of room. most are movie posters (LOTR, spiderman, star wars, indy, back to the future, ect)

dragons lair (resized).jpgdragons lair (resized).jpg
    space ace (resized).jpgspace ace (resized).jpg
    joust (resized).jpgjoust (resized).jpg
    star wars (resized).jpgstar wars (resized).jpg
    roadrunner (resized).jpgroadrunner (resized).jpg
    centipede (resized).jpgcentipede (resized).jpg
    asteroids deluxe (resized).jpgasteroids deluxe (resized).jpgbadlands (resized).jpgbadlands (resized).jpgcrystal castles (resized).jpgcrystal castles (resized).jpgdigdug (resized).jpgdigdug (resized).jpgirobot (resized).jpgirobot (resized).jpgliberator2 (resized).jpgliberator2 (resized).jpgpole position (resized).jpgpole position (resized).jpgred baron (resized).jpgred baron (resized).jpgspace duel (resized).jpgspace duel (resized).jpgspace paranoids (resized).jpgspace paranoids (resized).jpgstar trek (resized).jpgstar trek (resized).jpgtempest (resized).jpgtempest (resized).jpgtron3a (resized).jpgtron3a (resized).jpgtron3b (resized).jpgtron3b (resized).jpgtron3c (resized).jpgtron3c (resized).jpgwarlords (resized).jpgwarlords (resized).jpg
    alien (resized).jpgalien (resized).jpgfirefoxsmall (resized).jpgfirefoxsmall (resized).jpgfirefoxbig (resized).jpgfirefoxbig (resized).jpgmissilecommand (resized).jpgmissilecommand (resized).jpgtron (resized).jpgtron (resized).jpgtron2 (resized).jpgtron2 (resized).jpg

#26 4 years ago

I purchased an original NSS 1-sheet 'Jaws' movie poster two years ago from John Hazelton at www.filmposters.com. John is the real deal; a true authority who’s been in the business for over 30 years.

I did a considerable amount of research before finally pulling the trigger. I knew exactly what I wanted and what I wanted to do with it.

I wanted to find an original, folded example in pristine condition. I wanted it to have the PG rating (i.e., the non international version) and I didn't want it to be linen backed or altered in any way.

Fortunately, I found exactly what I was looking for at a price point I was comfortable with.

Then came the framing...

Preserving the poster was paramount. I wanted to ensure, firstly, that the poster would be forever protected from UV light, humidity, acidic elements and wrinkling, etc. I found a local framer who is well-versed in archival/museum-quality/conservation framing and together we came up with the final product.

The three layers of matting chosen very closely match the colors in the poster, and the frame - which, for me, is the coup de grâce of the entire package - bears a striking resemblance to the ocean. I love how it seemingly changes colors as the lighting and angles are modified!

Again, should the poster be removed from this frame in 100 years time, my hope is that it would be in the exact same condition as it was when we framed it.

Oh, and I went with glare-free glass that is 99% UV protectant.

At any rate, here's the final product. I hope you dig it as much as I plan to for the rest of my time above ground, LOL!

Enjoy!

5FB06E68-9747-46DF-B901-72216AE6D833 (resized).png5FB06E68-9747-46DF-B901-72216AE6D833 (resized).pngD2FF9C2A-6F99-44B5-8D15-1428A3064DAF (resized).jpegD2FF9C2A-6F99-44B5-8D15-1428A3064DAF (resized).jpeg
    #27 4 years ago

Impressive stuff! Love the collections you guys posted.

I decided to experiment a bit, and ordered a few posters off of Amazon. Went with the 27 x 41, and Ill see what the framing company can accomplish.
    Pics to follow.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/movie-posters-advice?hl=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.