Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pushing-car.jpg

#1 10 years ago

I've heard this line called out in a few different tables. Is this an inside joke or reference to something? Was CFTBL the first to use it?

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Please do not use all caps in thread headers.

#2 10 years ago

Move your saucer!

#3 10 years ago

I am told their is a mode in TOTAN called "move your carpet." I dont know if my friend is joking with me or not.

#4 10 years ago

Fine....I've got the wife pushing it now

pushing-car.jpgpushing-car.jpg
#5 10 years ago

RFM's Demolition Drive-In is definitely making fun of CFTBL. I'm not sure about other machines having that saying in them.

#6 10 years ago

elvira starts saying it in the match when flipping through the TV. Its also in theatre when you hit the metamorphasis shot a buncha times. Pretty funny.

#7 10 years ago

Judge Dredd traffic Jam has a guy yelling "MOVE YOUR CAR" too. I think that's due to CFTBL too.

#8 10 years ago

One of the video modes on JY too....

#9 10 years ago

It's one of the Satellite mode callouts in Congo. It's one of the Wrong Turn scoop callouts in Indy 500.

#10 10 years ago

I think I have heard in in TZ as well...

#11 10 years ago

The Bride of Pinbot 2.0 has a mode called "Move Your Shuttle".

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I am told their is a mode in TOTAN called "move your carpet." I dont know if my friend is joking with me or not.

That is correct.

MOVE YOUR CAR......PET!!!

#13 10 years ago

Indy 500 has that saying in it too

#14 10 years ago

Anyone now how to get the move your carpet callout on TOTAN? I''ve never heard this one before.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Its also in theatre when you hit the metamorphasis shot a buncha times. Pretty funny.

Nope. Its when you do the hat magic trick and get the 3rd ball in the trunk.

With the first shot, a rabbit comes out of the hat; doves come out the second time; the third time, a telephone and some guy yelling to move your car.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Nope. Its when you do the hat magic trick and get the 3rd ball in the trunk.
With the first shot, a rabbit comes out of the hat; doves come out the second time; the third time, a telephone and some guy yelling to move your car.

In theatre of magic, it happens on just about any mode when you own the mode by hitting the shot over and over. Personally, I think move your car and cow jokes in production pinball games are silly and would be better off left out. Especially in something like Tom where it makes no sense. "Move your car-pet" or Indy 500's way doesn't feel out of place with the theme at least.

#17 10 years ago

If, like me, your very first pin purchase was CFTBL (and you'll never let it go) you love hearing it referenced in all those other B/W games (like during the "match" at the end of a game on SS). You also love the drive-in movie mode on RFM.

#18 10 years ago

Downvoting for bagging on the cow jokes!!!

(I love the in jokes myself.)

#19 10 years ago

^^ yes, loving those easter-eggs, DOHO, move your car references

Even put MOO as initials on the highscore to hear the cows

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

In Theatre of Magic, it happens on just about any mode when you own the mode by hitting the shot over and over. Personally, I think move your car and cow jokes in production pinball games are silly and would be better off left out. Especially in something like Tom where it makes no sense. "Move your car-pet" or Indy 500's way doesn't feel out of place with the theme at least.

Strange. I've only ever heard the Move your car when doing Hat magic. Maybe its because I'm running 1.2 roms I think (I like the nicer trunk save feature)

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from FrederikFrost:

Judge Dredd traffic Jam has a guy yelling "MOVE YOUR CAR" too.

Definitely one of the more entertaining DMD modes in pinball.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Definitely one of the more entertaining DMD modes in pinball.

Anything Judge Dredd is more entertaining!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/move-your-car and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.