(Topic ID: 13470)

Move over JJP, STERN PROC IS BACK

By AkumaZeto

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

st_salescvr3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider absocountry2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 12 years ago

Looks interesting, very cool idea but I do not think Stern, JJP or others are worried. It reminds me of the Pinball 2000 plan. They did not destroy the market.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Either way thought i would share its def cool beans in my book.

That is true, def cool.

I am not trying to put it down or resist change, I just try and think about if I were to make the machine, would it work. The The Pin 2000 stuff does the same thing with a holo image. I like playing them but it is not the same. It can get distracting at times. My boys are more into them than myself because they are used to watching multiple items in the game. The plus side of that is that they are the future and we need to bring them into the game. The downside is that they do not have money to actually buy the machines. If they did have the money, I do not think it would hook them enought the get their money.

One of the things I see many people complain about is the lack of real PF artwork or the lower standard of art now. That would allow anyhting to be displayed, but it would not look like the artwork many people miss.

I am not pushing either side, just brainstorming. Many more thoughts but I hate typing.

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

fact of having multiple games in one cabinet!

Multiple artwork but the physical aspects will not change. This is one thing that people have recently mentioned they did not like. If you take a pin and change the them but not the location of the physical parts, the pin will not feel right and you might even hate it more because you expect a certain reaction and you get something different.

I agree we need something new to keep pinball around and help it grow, just not sure this is the cure. I think it might work with somehting else but I do not feel it is the cure.

#70 12 years ago
    Quoted from NoVArcade:

Those who would shoot this new tech down have no business being in the hobby.

The attitude you use does not belong on Pinside or this hobby. That kind of attack will not get you any warm fuzzies here. Please do not attack others for voicing there opinons in an open forum. It was a pretty civil discussion until you went on a rampage. There are other sites that would love to banter with you, not here please.

This is from Robin in the tan box right below the post box: "Please be nice! Let's keep this the friendliest pinball site on the net! Thanks! Note that Pinside moderators have the right to edit posts when not in accordance to our community rules."

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider absocountry2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/move-over-jjp-stern-proc-is-back?tu=absocountry2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.