(Topic ID: 161827)

Move over Funhouse, here comes Hollywood Heat!

By Shredso

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Shredso
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016-07-24_15.23.08_(resized).jpg
2016-07-18_21.50.25_(resized).jpg
2016-07-05_22.36.02_(resized).jpg
20160702_142158_(resized).jpg
2016-07-01_21.53.43_(resized).jpg
13598829_10209730054636188_1962203676_n_(resized).jpg
2016-06-30_22.47.26_(resized).jpg
2016-06-30_22.26.33_(resized).jpg
M4_(resized).png
2016-06-28_21.42.25_(resized).jpg
2016-06-29_17.08.38_(resized).jpg
2016-06-26_22.21.18_(resized).jpg
2016-06-26_22.21.23_(resized).jpg
2016-06-26_22.21.34_(resized).jpg
2016-06-26_22.21.39_(resized).jpg
2016-06-26_22.21.08_(resized).jpg
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

What's the new translight going to look like?

#52 7 years ago

Unfortunately a cooked flipper coil is stopping me from moving forward. Trying to find one locally. I guess I'll use my time to work on the drop target decals.

#53 7 years ago

I think these are gonna look pretty good. I'm hoping glossy photo paper plus protection doesn't mess with the targets function.

2016-06-30_22.26.33_(resized).jpg2016-06-30_22.26.33_(resized).jpg

#54 7 years ago

I need to trim them a little cleaner but I think this will do the trick.

2016-06-30_22.47.26_(resized).jpg2016-06-30_22.47.26_(resized).jpg

#55 7 years ago

Cool decals. Hollywood Heat is kind of a guilty pleasure for me, so this is a fun one to watch.

#56 7 years ago

The translite is done. I wasn't able to get it today, hopefully tomorrow. I wanted to wait to post a picture with it in the game but the picture the printer sent me looked so damn good here it is. No idea of he quality up close or how it will react to light, but the same guy did my MAME marquis and that is fantastic.

13598829_10209730054636188_1962203676_n_(resized).jpg13598829_10209730054636188_1962203676_n_(resized).jpg

2016-07-01_21.53.43_(resized).jpg2016-07-01_21.53.43_(resized).jpg

#57 7 years ago

20160702_142158_(resized).jpg20160702_142158_(resized).jpg

#58 7 years ago

You know what? I love that re-theme! It totally fits that playfield.

#59 7 years ago

A little obscure, but totally reversible.

2016-07-05_22.36.02_(resized).jpg2016-07-05_22.36.02_(resized).jpg

#60 7 years ago

So you arent re-theming the playfield or plastic, just the translite?

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So you arent re-theming the playfield or plastic, just the translite?

The original plan was just the translite. The playfield and plastics pretty much already match the new theme. Every time I look at it I come up with new ideas and add things.

If I end up liking the game and it doesn't sell this weekend I may continue taking it a bit further.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

The original plan was just the translite. The playfield and plastics pretty much already match the new theme. Every time I look at it I come up with new ideas and add things.
If I end up liking the game and it doesn't sell this weekend I may continue taking it a bit further.

Id like to see you take it all the way, but thats just me.

#63 7 years ago

Hollywood Heat is actually a better player than Funhouse IMO.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Hollywood Heat is actually a better player than Funhouse IMO.

And there it is^^^^^^
I was wondering, how many are reading this and saying"all that work for Hollywood heat?"
But there are others that get it. I have to agree with the Quote.

#65 7 years ago

Beautiful! Any ideas on the price point? Unfortunately decided not to go this year, one of these years I'll make it up there for the first time.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Beautiful! Any ideas on the price point? Unfortunately decided not to go this year, one of these years I'll make it up there for the first time.

I had it listed at $1300 which may have been a bit high. I think I have it down to $1100 right now. Part of me wants to take it home and enjoy it for awhile.

1 week later
#67 7 years ago

I'm finally getting the game room back in order after the show. In hindsight it was foolish to bring a game I'd never play tested to a show for hundreds of people to play. I planned on installing the flipper coil Thursday afternoon, tweaking it and having it ready for the show. We got a late start Thursday and the free play room was already booming when we got there. I was too tired to bother with it so I waited until Friday morning. A little hungover and lots of people around you playing games while you try to repair something isn't an ideal situation. Fortunately Tony Dziedzic not only helped me by bringing the coil, but also troubleshooting when it didn't work. Also thanks to Ardvark Pinball Repair. Allan's wife Susan let me steal a diode. I promised a beer in return. I will fulfill the promise along with the 12 pack! It didn't take long for the game to go down again. One of the brackets that held the return lane broke. An easy fix at home with a rivet press, not so much at a pinball show. I scoured the outdoor flea market and parts vendors and ended up with some stuff that "might" work. After a couple hours and some more scouring I found something on one of the playfields Automated had that would save me. He said take the part but don't let anyone see you and give me $5. Ha! Deal. In reality it's only a $3 part new, but I was glad to get the game back up and running. Saturday morning I thought the GI went out and kind of gave up on it. I just set it up at home and it plays great. The LED's fell out, or got knocked out under the slings. GI is fine. Flippers are strong, need a little adjustment. Translite looks fantastic lit up and off. I thought I saw somewhere the drop targets synced up, that may still need some work.

2016-07-18_21.50.25_(resized).jpg2016-07-18_21.50.25_(resized).jpg

#68 7 years ago

I've been making some adjustments and enjoying a bunch of games on this. I think the game is quite good really. I have the flippers dialed in. The drop target issue was a matter of me not understanding the rules. They only sync up during multiball and it works perfectly. Cool feature! There were a few stuck balls at the show over the right sling plastic. Hopefully flattening it will help, it has a little bow to it.

#69 7 years ago

I also got a free play ROM to work. Had to fight with Windows 10 to take the driver. It doesn't appear that MCUMall will continue driver support for the GQ-3X but if you disable the driver certification you can get the 7 driver to work.

#70 7 years ago

A couple quick custom cards.

2016-07-24_15.23.08_(resized).jpg2016-07-24_15.23.08_(resized).jpg

4 months later
#71 7 years ago

Any updates on how this is going? I was talking with a friend about this retheme the other day so it made me curious.

1 week later
#72 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Any updates on how this is going? I was talking with a friend about this retheme the other day so it made me curious.

I ended up selling the game. Any further retheming seemed like way too much work, I didn't have the time.

#73 7 years ago

That looks great, needs a speaker panel to match and its a basically a whole new theme, love it, you should sell these as a kit, the target stickers, trans and apron cards.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I ended up selling the game. Any further retheming seemed like way too much work, I didn't have the time.

Oh, too bad. Looked really cool. I completely understand though. I'd love to do something like this, but don't see myself having the time anytime soon either.

Quoted from Hazoff:

That looks great, needs a speaker panel to match and its a basically a whole new theme, love it, you should sell these as a kit, the target stickers, trans and apron cards.

Yeah, that's thought crossed my mind too and was one of the reasons i wanted to ask how the project was going.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Speaker panel would have been a nice touch. If anyone wants any of the decal files I'll pass them along. I just printed them at home. Most were done with my limited Photoshop skills. Translite cost me some dough to have it converted to vector and had to have it professionally printed. Not sure I want to part with those files yet.

4 months later
#76 6 years ago

Besides, what would Rockstar think about the whole deal?

Nice project though, i got the taste for Hollywood Heat now and planning on hunting one down (if possible in Sweden...) and do a Miami Vice retheme.

#77 6 years ago

Hollywood Heat rules. I wish I'd never sold mine. And yeah the Vice City retheme definately worked! Does a pinsider own the game today?

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Hollywood Heat rules. I wish I'd never sold mine. And yeah the Vice City retheme definately worked! Does a pinsider own the game today?

I don't remember if it was from here or the local forum. Maybe he will chime in if he still has it. I do still have a spare translite if anyone wanted an alternate.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I do still have a spare translite if anyone wanted an alternate.

How did you manage to print out your alternate translite? Looks fantastic.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

How did you manage to print out your alternate translite? Looks fantastic.

I had a sign printer do it for me. It looks better than most alternate translites I've seen. He did a great job.

1 year later
#81 5 years ago

Kind of resurrecting an old thread here, and I know the game is gone now, but you don’t happen to have a list of the LEDs you put together to make the kit you installed? Or how about a pic of the playfield lit up in LED glory?

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from WpgPins:

Kind of resurrecting an old thread here, and I know the game is gone now, but you don’t happen to have a list of the LEDs you put together to make the kit you installed? Or how about a pic of the playfield lit up in LED glory?

Sorry, I don't have either and the game is long gone. I believe I used Pinball Life's generic LEDs and just color matched inserts. I generally go frosted white for GI across the board. I like the cheaper LEDs in older games, they give the effect of a nice bright light and accentuate the insert colors, but they don't look ridiculous. Something like a Cointaker Super Bright looks out of place in a game like this, to me at least. I remember thinking it looked great when it was done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/move-over-funhouse-here-comes-hollywood-heat/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.