(Topic ID: 315258)

Move it now prices?

By ralphwiggum

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I hate the process of selling machines, and haven’t really kept up with the market.

Summer is here, and my hobby ADD is kicking in… Looking for prices for the following…

Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
    Star Wars Pro (not Comic)
    Ninja Turtles Pro

All are HUO, couple hundred plays give or take… only mods are mirror blades and shaker motors, also wired to subwoofer(subwoofer not included).

Trying to gauge the price that makes these walk out the door without haggle.

Thanks for any real world data.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

Kind of in the same boat. Been using the archived classifieds as a reference point.

I tried the market before posting… 95% are listed as private or not sold.

I guess I will just list them and see what shakes out.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

5500 for SW
    5800 for the other 2

Thanks, that’s kind of where I was thinking too, except guardians seems to be a little higher… already had three shipping offers for guardians, one for 6, and two for 6300, plus shipping…

#18 1 year ago

I started this thread trying to gauge a base, and it is clear it is all over the place. I will post my sale prices in this thread as the sales are made as a reference.

Star Wars pro… sold…. 5500. Friend saw my thread and texted me…

Again, I am looking at prices where there is zero haggle, I hate selling stuff.

Full disclosure… I have been in this hobby for 23 years, I have never seen prices spike so quickly like they have in the last year… I am still making a decent amount of money in all of them, and the only thing I had to do for the last couple of years is play them…. Gotta love pinball….lol

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I started this thread trying to gauge a base, and it is clear it is all over the place. I will post my sale prices in this thread as the sales are made as a reference.
    Star Wars pro… sold…. 5500. Friend saw my thread and texted me…
    Again, I am looking at prices where there is zero haggle, I hate selling stuff.
    Full disclosure… I have been in this hobby for 23 years, I have never seen prices spike so quickly like they have in the last year… I am still making a decent amount of money in all of them, and the only thing I had to do for the last couple of years is play them…. Gotta love pinball….lol

Another buddy texted me on Turtles...

Sold- $5700.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

No shit. . They asked for the prices where they would sell fast without haggling.

This.....

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Perfectly said. I dont get bent out of shape at the folks asking for prices that seem rediculous. If they want to try for it than go for it. Many arent selling at these rediculous prices but hey if they find one person that wants it that bad then good for them I guess.

I am in the same boat, I dont care how much people ask for their games. I have always sold games at a price where multiple buyers are interested. The only difference this time is that I have not been active in keeping track of what stuff is selling for, thus this post.

I am pretty sure I am close to having all three sold, and not even listing anything for sale yet. That is where my sweetspot is.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Another buddy texted me on Turtles...
    Sold- $5700.

Another local collector hit me up on Guardians..... Sold for $6200.

Thanks everyone for the conversation. Looks like the market is alive and well even heading into the summer months. Glad to see pinball staying so popular!

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Except it’s nothing like that. He asked a price and got it. Both parties are happy. I’m sure he saw your posts too.

I actually had a few PMs from people that told me they sold their Guardians in the low 7s.... I am still in a little sticker shock that Guardians Pros are moving in the 7s... This market seems unreal, to be honest with you. I am not sure where all the cash influx is coming from, but I may need to get my resume out there soon..... LOLOLOL

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Lyman Sheets, in his final interview on the Super Awesome Pinball Show, said that Stern’s market research before he left showed 20% market growth year over year…he didn’t say for how many years but the inference was it was for many years consecutively.
    If the hobby is getting 20% new buyers year over year exponentially simultaneously with the chip shortage then it is just no wonder prices are where they are.

If thats the case, I feel fortunate to enter the market when I did. I have had the opportunity to own most of the titles I have wanted to own. I am not really a player at the current market, unless the right deal falls into my lap. Any hobby that hits 5 figures, better have wheels or a motor attached to it for me.

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

Don't waste your time - if you don't agree with the regulars on here they just argue with you. Yes he wanted to sell fast with no haggling.. but why post here? Clearly just offer them to "your friends" that paid you what you thought was fair. Obviously the OP didn't care about our opinions because he sold below market on all three to his friends IN ONE DAY! Someday I hope to have the money to pass on a few thousand dollars because, well I dont like selling stuff - it's a hassle.. IT is absolutely laughable. I think I enjoy pinside because its like stepping into an alternate reality. Congrats on the sale(s)...

If I were just going to sell them to friends I would have hit them up before posting here. Just because they are friends, doesn’t mean I can’t find a fair asking price before posting them up.

I am not rich at all, but my time has value. I try to sell at the bottom acceptable range to save that time for other things I feel have more value.

I just profited $2500 for buying 3 machines, playing them, and then selling them a few years later. Not sure what others hobbies do this, but I feel like this was a win all the way around. I guess your right, that is laughable…. Those suckers paid too much… lol

#52 1 year ago

Because I didn’t think they had any interest? We don’t really talk about buying games from each other that often, so I had no idea these games were on their radar.

I haven’t bought/sold games in quite awhile (see post #1)…

Two of the games sold to friends, guardians sold to someone I know of and am cordial with (very nice guy).

Anyways, I appreciate everyone’s time on this. I am happy and the buyers are happy and the sales were easy as can be.

I wish you the best of luck when you sell, and hope you hold out for what you think is fair.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/move-it-now-prices?tu=ralphwiggum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.