(Topic ID: 315258)

Move it now prices?

By ralphwiggum

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

I hate the process of selling machines, and haven’t really kept up with the market.

Summer is here, and my hobby ADD is kicking in… Looking for prices for the following…

Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
    Star Wars Pro (not Comic)
    Ninja Turtles Pro

All are HUO, couple hundred plays give or take… only mods are mirror blades and shaker motors, also wired to subwoofer(subwoofer not included).

Trying to gauge the price that makes these walk out the door without haggle.

Thanks for any real world data.

#2 1 year ago

Id love to make an offer on your guardians but id need to move some of my machines too.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I hate the process of selling machines, and haven’t really kept up with the market.
    Summer is here, and my hobby ADD is kicking in… Looking for prices for the following…
    Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
    Star Wars Pro (not Comic)
    Ninja Turtles Pro
    All are HUO, couple hundred plays give or take… only mods are mirror blades and shaker motors, also wired to subwoofer(subwoofer not included).
    Trying to gauge the price that makes these walk out the door without haggle.
    Thanks for any real world data.

Kind of in the same boat. Been using the archived classifieds as a reference point.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from WolfManCat:

Kind of in the same boat. Been using the archived classifieds as a reference point.

I tried the market before posting… 95% are listed as private or not sold.

I guess I will just list them and see what shakes out.

#5 1 year ago

Prices are all over the map…just go with what YOU feel is fair value as a starting point given the current market. You have been here awhile so I can’t tell ya much you don’t already know….these are titles people do want so you should have no problem selling.

#6 1 year ago

5500 for SW
    5800 for the other 2

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

5500 for SW
    5800 for the other 2

Thanks, that’s kind of where I was thinking too, except guardians seems to be a little higher… already had three shipping offers for guardians, one for 6, and two for 6300, plus shipping…

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

5500 for SW
    5800 for the other 2

You will get more for all three.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

5500 for SW
    5800 for the other 2

Me and another guy in NJ just got 7k cash for GOTG pro on day 1 of ad listing. Don't undersell yourself in this market.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

At least 1k more within a week of posting

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaddyManD:

Me and another guy in NJ just got 7k cash for GOTG pro on day 1 of ad listing. Don't undersell yourself in this market.

Way to hype already inflated prices. The OP said he wanted a sale an accurately pointed out 95% of no sales of listed games. He’s got a good starting point.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pintopia:

Way to hype already inflated prices. The OP said he wanted a sale an accurately pointed out 95% of no sales of listed games. He’s got a good starting point.

Yeah.. not really. Good starting point is $7k per and look at offers. If seller is patient he'll get much more than 5500-5800.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

No he won’t if he wants a quick hassle free sale

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

Yeah.. not really. Good starting point is $7k per and look at offers. If seller is patient he'll get much more than 5500-5800.

Zero 0% chance any of those games sell for 6500 let alone 7k. Listing for 7k and waiting is a waste of time and nothing more than reverse tire kicking.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

No he won’t if he wants a quick hassle free sale

He'll sell GOTG today for $5800..He'll sell it for $6500 within a week or so.. and more if he waits. I know because I sold both GOTG and TMNT like his last year for $6k each.. LAST YEAR. I don't know about star wars but I would think more than $5500..

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Zero 0% chance any of those games sell for 6500 let alone 7k. Listing for 7k and waiting is a waste of time and nothing more than reverse tire kicking.

I got 7k for gotg pro just a few months ago. I guess im that other guy in Nj

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Anyone have a newspaper that shows 2022 on it. I have a feeling ill need it to convince Nicoy. And really Nicoy, you down vote me AGAIN and others who don't agree on your pricing? Geezus..

#18 1 year ago

I started this thread trying to gauge a base, and it is clear it is all over the place. I will post my sale prices in this thread as the sales are made as a reference.

Star Wars pro… sold…. 5500. Friend saw my thread and texted me…

Again, I am looking at prices where there is zero haggle, I hate selling stuff.

Full disclosure… I have been in this hobby for 23 years, I have never seen prices spike so quickly like they have in the last year… I am still making a decent amount of money in all of them, and the only thing I had to do for the last couple of years is play them…. Gotta love pinball….lol

#19 1 year ago

The market today is not the market from two months ago. Gotg is being run soon, the question was what the move it now price was, not what the hypothetical ceiling selling price could be. Bunch of reverse tire kickers hoping to squeeze every penny out of a sale in this thread!

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I started this thread trying to gauge a base, and it is clear it is all over the place. I will post my sale prices in this thread as the sales are made as a reference.
    Star Wars pro… sold…. 5500. Friend saw my thread and texted me…
    Again, I am looking at prices where there is zero haggle, I hate selling stuff.
    Full disclosure… I have been in this hobby for 23 years, I have never seen prices spike so quickly like they have in the last year… I am still making a decent amount of money in all of them, and the only thing I had to do for the last couple of years is play them…. Gotta love pinball….lol

Another buddy texted me on Turtles...

Sold- $5700.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pintopia:

What hype? I just sold my GOTG last week in 1/2 day for 7k cash. I listed at this price based on a friend who also got 7k in 1 day. Honestly if I saw a 5800 GOTG I'd think something is wrong with it or has been routed.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

Anyone have a newspaper that shows 2022 on it. I have a feeling ill need it to convince Nicoy. And really Nicoy, you down vote me AGAIN and others who don't agree on your pricing? Geezus..

Haha I muted Nicoy a long time ago. Literally the only person I've ever muted. I am not a flipper or price gauger. I go based on market and negotiate fairly. Selling a HUO GOTG for 7k is current market folks...sorry I'd you don't like it. Of course sell lower if you like but downvoting honest folks who move pins fairly is just silly.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

I got 7k for gotg pro just a few months ago. I guess im that other guy in Nj

Yes you are I PMd you thank you! I probably could have held out for more. Guys have them listed for 8500 now ( which is absurd)

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

No shit. . They asked for the prices where they would sell fast without haggling.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

No shit. . They asked for the prices where they would sell fast without haggling.

This.....

#27 1 year ago

Yeah, the market is insane.

I sold the only NIB game I've ever bought, MetLE MoP, in Feb and left at least 5k on the table apparently.

#28 1 year ago

Either way is fair. Unless you’re lying about something with your game, you can list for whatever price you want and it’s perfectly fine.

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Either way is fair. Unless you’re lying about something with your game, you can list for whatever price you want and it’s perfectly fine.

Perfectly said. I dont get bent out of shape at the folks asking for prices that seem rediculous. If they want to try for it than go for it. Many arent selling at these rediculous prices but hey if they find one person that wants it that bad then good for them I guess.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Perfectly said. I dont get bent out of shape at the folks asking for prices that seem rediculous. If they want to try for it than go for it. Many arent selling at these rediculous prices but hey if they find one person that wants it that bad then good for them I guess.

I am in the same boat, I dont care how much people ask for their games. I have always sold games at a price where multiple buyers are interested. The only difference this time is that I have not been active in keeping track of what stuff is selling for, thus this post.

I am pretty sure I am close to having all three sold, and not even listing anything for sale yet. That is where my sweetspot is.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Another buddy texted me on Turtles...
    Sold- $5700.

Another local collector hit me up on Guardians..... Sold for $6200.

Thanks everyone for the conversation. Looks like the market is alive and well even heading into the summer months. Glad to see pinball staying so popular!

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Chuck I sold my gotg in 1/2 day with no haggling. 5800 is so far below market. It's like selling your house way below market in a setting where you'll get full asking in a week

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Another local collector hit me up on Guardians..... Sold for $6200.
    Thanks everyone for the conversation. Looks like the market is alive and well even heading into the summer months. Glad to see pinball staying so popular!

Nicely done, Ralph

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Totally agree and you know I love you Chuck

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaddyManD:

Chuck I sold my gotg in 1/2 day with no haggling. 5800 is so far below market. It's like selling your house way below market in a setting where you'll get full asking in a week

Except it’s nothing like that. He asked a price and got it. Both parties are happy. I’m sure he saw your posts too.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Except it’s nothing like that. He asked a price and got it. Both parties are happy. I’m sure he saw your posts too.

I actually had a few PMs from people that told me they sold their Guardians in the low 7s.... I am still in a little sticker shock that Guardians Pros are moving in the 7s... This market seems unreal, to be honest with you. I am not sure where all the cash influx is coming from, but I may need to get my resume out there soon..... LOLOLOL

#37 1 year ago

I’m like you. I don’t really even like it if a game I want to sell is listed publicly. Even that is too much hassle for me. I rarely have to get to that point when I sell a game.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am not sure where all the cash influx is coming from

Lyman Sheets, in his final interview on the Super Awesome Pinball Show, said that Stern’s market research before he left showed 20% market growth year over year…he didn’t say for how many years but the inference was it was for many years consecutively.

If the hobby is getting 20% new buyers year over year exponentially simultaneously with the chip shortage then it is just no wonder prices are where they are.

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Lyman Sheets, in his final interview on the Super Awesome Pinball Show, said that Stern’s market research before he left showed 20% market growth year over year…he didn’t say for how many years but the inference was it was for many years consecutively.
    If the hobby is getting 20% new buyers year over year exponentially simultaneously with the chip shortage then it is just no wonder prices are where they are.

If thats the case, I feel fortunate to enter the market when I did. I have had the opportunity to own most of the titles I have wanted to own. I am not really a player at the current market, unless the right deal falls into my lap. Any hobby that hits 5 figures, better have wheels or a motor attached to it for me.

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Exactly...

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaddyManD:

Haha I muted Nicoy a long time ago. Literally the only person I've ever muted. I am not a flipper or price gauger. I go based on market and negotiate fairly. Selling a HUO GOTG for 7k is current market folks...sorry I'd you don't like it. Of course sell lower if you like but downvoting honest folks who move pins fairly is just silly.

He is talking about three games, not just gotg. Yes gotg is the highest value of those games but with a new run coming soon 7k is a stretch IMO, no doubt that you were able to sell it for that a couple of months ago though.

Star Wars and TNMT are 5800-6200 games

I listed a mint mando premium with art blades for 7600 and it sat for two weeks with no offers

I recently sold a mint AIQ pro for 6200 and it took over a week to get an offer

The market is definitely cooling from its peak a few months ago.

More stock + summer + shaky economy will do that

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaddyManD:

No it isn’t.

They’ll be rolling out of the stern factory soon. The brief spike on $7K guardians is over.

#43 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No it isn’t.
    They’ll be rolling out of the stern factory soon. The brief spike on $7K guardians is over.

There are 2 sale pendings today for GOTG pros...8500 and 7900. Anyway

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from DaddyManD:

There are 2 sale pendings today for GOTG pros...8500 and 7900. Anyway

Don't waste your time - if you don't agree with the regulars on here they just argue with you. Yes he wanted to sell fast with no haggling.. but why post here? Clearly just offer them to "your friends" that paid you what you thought was fair. Obviously the OP didn't care about our opinions because he sold below market on all three to his friends IN ONE DAY! Someday I hope to have the money to pass on a few thousand dollars because, well I dont like selling stuff - it's a hassle.. IT is absolutely laughable. I think I enjoy pinside because its like stepping into an alternate reality. Congrats on the sale(s)...

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

Don't waste your time - if you don't agree with the regulars on here they just argue with you. Yes he wanted to sell fast with no haggling.. but why post here? Clearly just offer them to "your friends" that paid you what you thought was fair. Obviously the OP didn't care about our opinions because he sold below market on all three to his friends IN ONE DAY! Someday I hope to have the money to pass on a few thousand dollars because, well I dont like selling stuff - it's a hassle.. IT is absolutely laughable. I think I enjoy pinside because its like stepping into an alternate reality. Congrats on the sale(s)...

If I were just going to sell them to friends I would have hit them up before posting here. Just because they are friends, doesn’t mean I can’t find a fair asking price before posting them up.

I am not rich at all, but my time has value. I try to sell at the bottom acceptable range to save that time for other things I feel have more value.

I just profited $2500 for buying 3 machines, playing them, and then selling them a few years later. Not sure what others hobbies do this, but I feel like this was a win all the way around. I guess your right, that is laughable…. Those suckers paid too much… lol

#46 1 year ago

Did the bubble pop and I missed it?!!!!

Looking for a butter cab TNA for 4500
    PM me

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

More stock + summer + shaky economy will do that

The economy doesn't have a huge effect on the secondary pinball market. I've been in the hobby during both the last major recessions and prices were barely affected.

But the other two factors you mention are true - Summer always sees the lowest prices as people are out enjoying other activities.

As for stock - unlike last year, we could actually see 4 new games this summer - CCLE, Toy Story, Fathom and Stern xxx - so there's a bit of holding back waiting on those.

#48 1 year ago

Good God, this hobby has been turned on its damn senseless head.

Remember the days of price policing keeping things capped within reason? They weren't that long ago, and almost comically annoying at times, but the overall community spirit seemed to be keeping people from being ripped off, if not landing screaming deals.

Now, we have sellers asking and sharing what they could happily and easily sell for - while making a reasonable profit no less (!) - and yet they get raked for selling too low!?

The sands of greed will swallow everything to desolation eventually. Kudos to the OP for being a beacon of reason.

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/move-it-now-prices?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.