View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6858 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6857 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6856 (resized).jpeg
#1 19 days ago

I’m having problems with my left trap on my mousing around pinball machine I can’t get it to come up sometimes I have videos and pictures I’m new to the forum so some guidance would be greatly appreciated! I’m not sure how to post the video but when I start the game the left trip will fire off repeatedly a couple of time then the trap set light turns on, any help would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_6854 (resized).jpegIMG_6854 (resized).jpegIMG_6855 (resized).jpegIMG_6855 (resized).jpegIMG_6856 (resized).jpegIMG_6856 (resized).jpegIMG_6857 (resized).jpegIMG_6857 (resized).jpegIMG_6858 (resized).jpegIMG_6858 (resized).jpeg
#2 19 days ago

Here is a video I posted to YouTube

#3 19 days ago

Have you tried running the switch test? It sounds like it might be a stuck switch.

#4 18 days ago

As frunch said, start by running the switch test to make sure all the switches are working properly. Adjust the switches on this mech as needed.

Next, check to make sure the ball eater (yellow piece) moves freely (turn off the game first!). You can move it up by hand, and then move it back down.

Third, it looks like your bracket (blue part) is pretty much toasted. It's missing an entire side, and the other one is cracked:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5 18 days ago

Ok I appreciate the replies will try running a switch test when I get home, is there anywhere I can find a replacement bracket for this machine? Since it’s so old I’m not sure where it would be produced again I appreciate y’all’s help!

#6 18 days ago
Quoted from IGetLucky:

Ok I appreciate the replies will try running a switch test when I get home, is there anywhere I can find a replacement bracket for this machine? Since it’s so old I’m not sure where it would be produced again I appreciate y’all’s help!

swinks has designed a replacement, and you can buy it from his shapeways store.

Here's the link to the post for his design, in the Mousin Around thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-want-to-mouse-around-mousin-around-owners-club-all-welcome/page/11#post-4765386

#7 18 days ago

Have you disassembled the Mechs and cleaned and or replaced the coil sleeves or springs? I just picked up a Mousin and will be doing a complete ground up restoration on it... One of the things I noticed is all the sleeves were all completely caked in coil dust and extremely dirty. Plus the springs are beyond wore out. These 2 simple mechanical cleans can make the world of of difference in mechs not working on these older games.

As for the replacement brackets, Swinks recreated them via Shapeways 3D printing and can be found here:
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksmousin&sort=newest

Feel free to join the Mousin Around owners club for more help and insight from us MA Owners. Good Luck!

#8 18 days ago

thanks for the mention guys

I have 3 versions listed at Shapeways:
WICO 15-988200 - replica of the original
WICO 15-988200 U - is a replica of the original but strengthened up in places
Hardtop Ball Eater Bracket - is modified with an extra 1mm height to allow better use with a hardtop upgrade

They are all solid nylon SLS professionally printed - not home printed

hope that helps

#9 18 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks for the mention guys
I have 3 versions listed at Shapeways:
WICO 15-988200 - replica of the original
WICO 15-988200 U - is a replica of the original but strengthened up in places
Hardtop Ball Eater Bracket - is modified with an extra 1mm height to allow better use with a hardtop upgrade
They are all solid nylon SLS professionally printed - not home printed
hope that helps

Hey swinks thanks for making these available! Question though, I’m Planning to install the new and improved hardtop 2.0 that is actually thicker than the original hardtop…. Any idea if your modified hardtop mousetrap brackets will work for a hardtop 2.0?

#10 18 days ago
Quoted from Quadrider:

Hey swinks thanks for making these available! Question though, I’m Planning to install the new and improved hardtop 2.0 that is actually thicker than the original hardtop…. Any idea if your modified hardtop mousetrap brackets will work for a hardtop 2.0?

I would have to cross check dimensions but off memory pretty sure I allowed for 1mm thick.

Can you vernier measure check the Hardtop 2.0 and determine the thickness or ask the company.

#11 18 days ago
Quoted from swinks:

I would have to cross check dimensions but off memory pretty sure I allowed for 1mm thick.
Can you vernier measure check the Hardtop 2.0 and determine the thickness or ask the company.

Unfortunately I haven’t procured one yet so I can’t attest to the actual new thickness. But according to their website: “our professional restorer/test installer actually liked the extra 1/32 thickness better (.79 mm, like a credit card), and he had no issues with switches and ramps.” Sounds like it’s an additional .79mm thicker than the original? Not sure of that’ll still allow enough clearance for your updated mouse traps?

#12 18 days ago
Quoted from Quadrider:

Unfortunately I haven’t procured one yet so I can’t attest to the actual new thickness. But according to their website: “our professional restorer/test installer actually liked the extra 1/32 thickness better (.79 mm, like a credit card), and he had no issues with switches and ramps.” Sounds like it’s an additional .79mm thicker than the original? Not sure of that’ll still allow enough clearance for your updated mouse traps?

I will check and compare my designs and then if someone can confirm the thickness with Hardtop just so we are not guessing.

I will looking on the website and nothing obvious except in the FAQ's 1.5mm was mentioned but did not clearly state old / new etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 23.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mousing-around-left-trap-error and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.