Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E3C66F3E-8B25-4829-B790-DDC7018A7F53 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Hi,

I do not get the explanation. When I start a game,a first ball, then a second ball are ejected to the shooter lane.

I have checked every switch in test mode, with 1 ball in the through, 2 balls, 3 balls. Tests are ok. Checked that when the first ball is ejected, the shooter lane switch is closed.

I really see no reason why the second ball comes in.

Any help is welcome. Thank you

E3C66F3E-8B25-4829-B790-DDC7018A7F53 (resized).jpegE3C66F3E-8B25-4829-B790-DDC7018A7F53 (resized).jpeg
#2 5 years ago

How many balls are in the trough? Maybe you have one too many?

#3 5 years ago

When the first ball is ejected are all three trough switches still showing as closed by chance?

#4 5 years ago

3 balls in the through.

No, when thecfirst ball is ejected, straight after I pass in test mode. Only two through switches are on and the shooter lane.

#5 5 years ago

Does it happen anytime a ball is ejected (on balls 2 and 3, after a ball lock, etc.) or just at the start of a game?

#6 5 years ago

Sometimes ball 2 and 3. Mainly ball 1. Thanks

I suspect a bad contact. But I do not know what to look at. As no message "ball missing " appears at machine switch on, I guess the 3 switches of the through are ok

#7 5 years ago

Check in switch test with all 3 balls in, then manually eject one and try and watch the other two. I am wondering if it is only showing two of the three closed in switch test, maybe the balls are moving slowly or getting hung up momentarily and the game still thinks there is 3 in there and kicks a second.

#8 5 years ago

With NO history on the game, can you remove the apron and run the INDIVIDUAL switch tests to confirm that each switch is reporting the correct closure with NO BALLS in the game?

If that passes, you need to remove the apron and observe EXACTLY what is happening when the first ball is put in play about 30-40 times. You should observe some sort of hang up in the trough area.

If no hang ups there, THEN check the two LOCK switches in the cheese blocks. If one is reporting closed, the game will get confused and serve two balls.

Report back what you find.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

THEN check the two LOCK switches in the cheese blocks. If one is reporting closed, the game will get confused and serve two

Is there a reason not to check the cheese locks first so you don't have to spend all that time under the apron?

#10 5 years ago

I ll check tomorrow, individual ball adding is tested, but I will test your suggestions, and give a feedback, thanks

#11 5 years ago

I was having this problem with my System 11 game and while the switches in the ball trough registered fine in test mode the only way I was able to fix the problem was to replace the switches with new ones. It was an easy repair and it's been great ever since.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Is there a reason not to check the cheese locks first so you don't have to spend all that time under the apron?

The only reason would be that it's a less likely culprit and the person that started the thread indicated they already checked some of these items in the thread.

It's just more likely a ball is getting hung up than a single switch causing the problem. That is especially true in this case because the issue was reported to be intermittent in nature.

#13 5 years ago

Hi,

The pin I purchased had been left for years in a garage without playong. The motor relay was out as well as the diverter mechanism.

Today I have removed, the apron ans all balls. In test mode I only get the 3 expected closed switches : ball diverter, trap 1 and trap 2.

Adding the first ball gives an extra display : through 1, a second ball through 2, the third ball through 3

I have repetedly done the following, so about 40 to 50 balls in total were ejected:

I started a game and played all balls
Then I hit the targets to open the traps and put one ball in the left one. And checked what happened with the next ball ejected. Only one ball was ejected.
I did the same with the right trap. No problem either.
I have not observed any wrong behavious of the through.

I have reseated the apron, played a few balls, the problem appeared once again. No ball was in a trap. Forgot to make a switch test. I ll do it next time, and will come back

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

I have reseated the apron, played a few balls, the problem appeared once again. No ball was in a trap. Forgot to make a switch test.

I suspect that one of the traps is indicating a ball is present, even though there is not one. Beyond that, the only other cause would be that the 3rd ball trough switch is sticking and may need to be replaced.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:I suspect that one of the traps is indicating a ball is present, even though there is not one. Beyond that, the only other cause would be that the 3rd ball trough switch is sticking and may need to be replaced.

I will follow this advice. I presume these contacts have been idle too long.

Thanks

#16 5 years ago

The shooter lane switch is also a possible cause. While it works with finger operation, it can be intermittent with a ball.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

The shooter lane switch is also a possible cause. While it works with finger operation, it can be intermittent with a ball.

Nope, even if you disconnect that switch, the game will never serve a 2nd ball because of that switch.

#18 5 years ago

Surprise, surprise - I sure didn't know that this machine doesn't use the shooter lane switch to identify a ball in the shooter lane -- at least for the purpose of that a ball was served to the shooter lane and made it to the lane.

#19 5 years ago

Yeah, it's generally for the start of light + sound cues in the code. For newer games with an auto plunger, that switch can be used to confirm that the ball was auto-launched out of the shooter lane properly.

#20 5 years ago

Something to check is the plug on 1J8 OF THE mpu. If it gets even the slightest bit of corrosion on the pins (1 or more) it can cause a host of PF switch issues. Why does this sometimes get corrosion on it? The batteries are due north of it. If a battery starts to leak even a little bit at some point in the games life, some alkaline dandruff can drift down on it and slowly go to work on it.

1 week later
#21 5 years ago

I ll close the thread as nothing wrong happened for days. I it comes again, I ll change the through microswitches and the 2 ones under the cheeses.

Thanks everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 23.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mousin-around-two-balls-ejected-at-once-in-the-shooter-lane?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.