Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by dj10bear
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

One of the mouse traps on my Mousin Around will not stay down when a ball goes in. It comes right back up and shoots the ball out. If I manually throw the ball in several times in a row, the game goes into ball search which leads me to believe that the switch isn't registering. Does this sound like it's just a bad switch? The only other connection I can make with this problem is that the tilt plumb bob doesn't work either and they are both in the same row of the switch matrix. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

#2 10 years ago

Could be a wire off, or diode broken. Put it into switch test and see if it works. If you get multiple switch closures on one, you may have a bad transistor (iirc 2n4401)

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Could be a wire off, or diode broken. Put it into switch test and see if it works. If you get multiple switch closures on one, you may have a bad transistor (iirc 2n4401)

Wires and diode all ok. Trap works in switch test. I don't understand about the multiple switch closures, can you explain further?

#4 10 years ago

Ive had this happen before on a few mousin arounds, iirc, both were broken wires of other switches in the matrix, check the row and column on the switch chart and verify its not the surrounding switches causing your issue... or go into switch test and check them there...

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

Wires and diode all ok. Trap works in switch test. I don't understand about the multiple switch closures, can you explain further?

You will get 2 or 3 or more switches registering at one time when you close the trap switch or pop bumper switch. It will happen fast just as if you hit 6 switches all at once.

#6 10 years ago

I found one of the leads broken off the yellow capacitor on the right flipper which is in the same row of the switch matrix as the mouse trap. The flipper still works fine but can this be causing the problem with the mouse trap?

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

I found one of the leads broken off the yellow capacitor on the right flipper which is in the same row of the switch matrix as the mouse trap. The flipper still works fine but can this be causing the problem with the mouse trap?

The cap is a buffer for the voltage going through the eos switch. Stops it from burning up faster.

2 years later
#8 7 years ago

Found this old thread....mine is spitting the ball out too. Anyone find the fix? Was it a grounded switch? Would be great to hear what it was. Im going to check the switch row too and see if I can respond back here.

#9 7 years ago

OK, as it turns out there was a grounded switch in the series. Problem fixed!

7 years later
#10 9 months ago

ibis I am having same issue with my trap #2 - it is spitting ball out once trapped.
all my switches work / register properly... how did you find the grounded switch? thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 23.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mousin-around-trap-not-locking-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.