(Topic ID: 102794)

Mousin' Around Questions...

By ShootForSlrValue

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ShootForSlrValue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hello all,

I just picked up a MA the other day and when I picked it up, the guy told me that there was kind of a quirky issue with the game. Whenever the double scoring was activated or the jackpot was lit (but not collected) and a two of the three balls drain, the timer would continue to display, not counting down, until the next double scoring or jackpot was lit/collected or the game was reset. Is this a ROM issue? I've only seen one other topic on this and it wasn't really resolved. It doesn't affect gameplay, but I'm curious.

However, what has happened a few times today... I collected an extra ball one time and a jackpot the other, but immediately following this, the game would just lock up. The flippers would work and the music would continue, but no scoring would happen and nothing would advance. No lights, no nothing.

Finally, there is no boot up tone on power up. Why would this be? Could this be contributing to some of the weird behavior? The game plays almost flawlessly otherwise, and I couldn't be happier!

#2 9 years ago

Also, I tried pressing the CPU test button on the MPU on accident instead of pressing the Sound Test button while I was trying to figure out the boot tone issue and got the "MEM. PROTFAILURE" message from the coin door being closed. When this message kept happening, I was getting a boot tone, but I do not get one whenever it boots normally.

#3 9 years ago

One last thing... Every once in a while on power up, the replay knocker fires once, sometimes hard, sometimes soft, and sometimes not at all.

#6 9 years ago

Thanks super. Sorry pimp, NFS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 23.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ShootForSlrValue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mousin-around-questions?tu=ShootForSlrValue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.