Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mousin_Around_L4_ipdb (resized).jpg
Mousin_Around_L4 (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys. Can someone please send me Mousin Around sound rom L1. I just need the data. I can burn it myself. I recently updated my Game from Game L1 and Sound L1 to Game L4 and Sound L2. But I have some serious bugs contained in Sound L2. So would be nice If someone could help me out...

#2 6 years ago

For which chip do you need the L1 file?
The only L1 file available is for U22 and this is in the L4 zip file on the ipdb.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

For which chip do you need the L1 file?
The only L1 file available is for U22 and this is in the L4 zip file on the ipdb.

Im looking for U4 L1

#4 6 years ago

I have it in my library. Send me a PM with your emailaddress if you are still in need. By the way....the rom library at ipdb.org from Mousin' is a mess.....

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

I have it in my library. Send me a PM with your emailaddress if you are still in need. By the way....the rom library at ipdb.org from Mousin' is a mess.....

Indeed it's a mess.
I've opted the file for deletion.
Use the PinMame L4 set.
Those are working correctly.
U20 is used in both U20 and U21.
Here is a screenshot of the PinMame test.

Mousin_Around_L4 (resized).jpgMousin_Around_L4 (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago

And this is the PinMame test result of the ipdb L4 set:

Mousin_Around_L4_ipdb (resized).jpgMousin_Around_L4_ipdb (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

The guys from PinMame team have done some checking and this is the result:

U4: two known ROMs:
- CRC 643add1e (L-1)
- CRC d311db4a (L-2)

U19: two known ROMs:
- CRC 7b4941f7 (L-1)
- CRC c7a6f494 (L-2)

U20 / U21: all the same, CRC 59b1b0c5 (L-1: U21, L-2: U20)

U22: all the same, CRC 00ad198c

U26:
- LA-1 / LU-1: CRC 0fff7946
- L-4: CRC a540edc1

U27:
- LA-1: CRC a440192b
- LU-1: CRC 6e5b692c
- L-4: CRC ff108148

The L-4 set on IPDB is doublesized for the U26 and U27 ROMs.

There is no "L-X" version, it's the same as the L-4 version;
only sound ROMs are included in the IPDB L-X set.

1 year later
#8 4 years ago

Id like to bring this thread back up - Im not able to find a valid l-4 set for mousin. The ones from ipdb I pulled are both fooked, even the ones from vpinmame error out with crc mismatches. Any help appreciated?!

1 week later
#9 4 years ago
Quoted from hiho:

Id like to bring this thread back up - Im not able to find a valid l-4 set for mousin. The ones from ipdb I pulled are both fooked, even the ones from vpinmame error out with crc mismatches. Any help appreciated?!

I ran into this a few months ago with a customer I had burned a set of roms for...

I came across this thread in my search and then played with a hex editor...I was going to post, and then realized it seemed to just match and repeat @inkochnito's findings above and I could not confirm the previous version's checksums officially. However maybe it will help with clarification and how I came to the similar conclusion so you can decide which set to use.

Pinmame will always say the CRC/checksum is wrong, if it doesn't match what Pinmame is expecting, but you can replace/rename other versions to actually test and play...it's just hard-coded in pinmame what versions it is expecting....but this can be / is different in this case that the 4 digit checksum a physical machine/game code is expecting and would throw an error on the display. (The pin mame crc's are configured to whatever chip size was submitted to them...and does not adapt for manipulating the chip sizes/repeating code if they don't reprogram it, and they don't disect the code on each game..they just make sure pinmame plays it....but I did end up testing them by manually building them in pinmame to test in test mode)

So here is what I had prepared for a post previously, and had set aside

PPS L4
MOUS_U26.L4 Code repeats after 00003FF0 (doubled to burn a 27C128 on 27C256)
mous_u27.l4 Code repeats after 00007FF0 (doubled to burn a 27C256 on 27C512)
mous_u4.l2 This is correct L2 version? (I have confirmed working on physical machine) (Very Drastic differences in code, like it was rewritten)
mous_u19.l2 Very minor differences between first and last couple of lines (Correct L2?)
mous_u20.l2 Identical to IPDB
mous_u21.bin - Not Included / Supplied
mous_u22.l1 Identical to IPDB

IPDB Pinmame L4
MOUS_U26.L4 Code stops at 00003FF0 (Identical to first half of PPS)
mous_u27.l4 Code stops at 00007FF0 (Identical to first half of PPS)
mous_u4.l2 This is actually L1 Version named wrong
mous_u19.l2 Very minor differences between first and last couple of lines (Correct L1 labeled wrong?)
mous_u20.l2 Identical to PPS
mous_u21.bin Identical to mous_u20.l2
mous_u22.l1 Identical to PPS

So to add to the confusion...I found a mention or 2 of some machines having u21 instead of u20, but not sure why. The manual shows both U20 and U21 with different part numbers, but I know data can change after printing. It sounds like what happened is they moved the u21 to U20 at some point...mid production or for whatever reason. U21 is on MPU board. U20 is on the sound board. Maybe they just moved it to put them in one spot, but didn't actually change the code?...maybe they switched from sys11b to 11c?..Maybe just L2 changed where it was looking for it?...I dunno all guesses at this point, but this is where the duplicate of u20 in u21 in pinmame's set came into play.

So long story short, it sounds like PPS has the correct L4/L2 latest version on their site, but have doubled up the CPU roms to fit the larger chips. (causing people to think they are wrong compared to IPDB), and IPDB labeled the L1 sound chips wrong, and had the "original" CPU images. The sound roms then got uploaded to IPDB as a separate LX version under the wrong naming convention.

Hoping this helps and doesn't confuse you further lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mousin-around-l-1-sound-needed?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.