Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by mbeardsley
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

On Mousin Around the knocker or what ever pops for a free game, is really loud. Does it have a solenoid with a stroke limiter that needs adjusting? Thank you for any insight.

#2 1 year ago

No limiter.

Disconnect it, or put something it hits to deaden the noise.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

Exactly what ltg said. I usually put adhesive backed foam in there.

#4 1 year ago

Thank you! It's incredible how fast you get help here!

8 months later
#5 5 months ago

I just bought a Mousin Around machine and that popping sound is soooo loud. How do I turn it down? Instructions would be appreciated since I have no clue what I'm doing.
Thanks
Kathy

#6 5 months ago

Hey Katie!

EDIT: The coil for the knocker is in the backbox! Thanks mbeardsley!

I had a bunch of stuff on how to open the pinball to the bottom of the game here... this is not needed.

I'll post below on how to get to this coil.

#7 5 months ago

Mousin' Around normally has the knocker in the top of the backbox.

#8 5 months ago

Thank you for the quick response. That seems like a big process. I will attempt to do this, once I get my nerve up to open up that machine. I also wasn't sure how to lower the music volume. Is that easier to do than the knocker? I hope so.
Thanks
Kathy

#9 5 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Mousin' Around normally has the knocker in the top of the backbox.

Nice!

I looked at the picture on IPDB, and nope, no knocker in that picture...

Cool!

Oooh. I see it now. The backbox for Mousin around is taller, and the knocker is way up in the upper left corner.

It'll have a plug to disconnect.

Katie.

If you don't have a different key than the front door key, you'll need to open the front door. Frequently the key for the backbox is hanging on a hook inside the front door. It can be a little hard to find.

You'll need the backbox key.

On the top in the middle, or on the right or left side a couple inches down from the top, will be a lock that fits the backbox (but not the coin door) key. Insert the key in the backbox lock.

Turn the key.

Sometimes the lock will have been conveniently drilled out and there won't be a keyhole. That's handy.

On the backbox glass, where it has all the graphics and you can see the displays for scores and messages, run your fingers down the glass until you come to a black plastic 'lip'.

This is way at the bottom of the glass where you see the black plastic.

Get your fingers under this lip, and lift the glass upward.

It will only lift about 1/2 inch, and can be stiff. You need to lift the glass upwards, about a half inch, to where it is out of it's channel.

Then pull the bottom of the glass toward you an inch or so, and lower the glass. It can now be removed from the game and set aside.

Inside where you took the glass off, will be the white lamp insert board. To the right will be two silver latches. Pull these up, and the whole white insert will open like a door.

Inside the backbox are a lot of big green circuit boards. In the far top left corner, tucked way up there, is the knocker coil.

It will have a plug. If you want the knocker to be off, just unplug this plug. Easy fix.

If you want the knocker quiet, you'll have to put something where the plunger smacks the cabinet that dampens the 'knock'.

Some people use adhesive foam. I've seen pieces of cardboard taped there. It's a bit hard to reach.

This isn't nearly as much effort as opening the playfield which is what some pinballs require.

If you want to verify that the knocker is off, or that the dampening that you did made the knock sufficiently quiet, let us know. There is a procedure to get into test mode, coil test mode, and activate the knocker coil. We can guide you through that.

Good luck!

Music volume is adjusted by reaching inside the coin door, about a foot and a half on the left side of the cabinet wall, it's a volume pot that you can get your fingers on and turn. It won't let you turn the volume all the way quiet... this can be done, but it's something that isn't easy to do.

#10 5 months ago

The lock for the backbox is on the top right-side of the head (not the center as on some machines).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Camarillo, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 23.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mousin-around-knocker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.